Why Not Just Hide The Count

BrownRock

I no probably no one will agree with this, but I'm still suggesting it...

This forum is in essence just becoming a spam bucket with people more concerned with there posts counts then the quality of there posts.

People posting over 1000 posts a month or posting over 100 posts a day is just ridiculous, and to boot the posts normally only contain 3-7 words.

Even though the "congrats" threads are banned people still spam like hell on here and they admit they do it to get there post count up and there proud of it.

Simplest and most effective solution would be to just hide peoples post count. I'm on a few other forums that have started to do that and it really works, you can't see peoples post count when they post and can only tell the amount of posts they have is by there status (like demi-god, god super god etc...)

If Eric doesn't ind the forum being spam fair enough, but I think it would help the forum even though alot of people would debate about it.

::BR::

This forum is in essence just becoming a spam bucket with people more concerned with there posts counts then the quality of there posts.

People posting over 1000 posts a month or posting over 100 posts a day is just ridiculous, and to boot the posts normally only contain 3-7 words.

Even though the "congrats" threads are banned people still spam like hell on here and they admit they do it to get there post count up and there proud of it.

Simplest and most effective solution would be to just hide peoples post count. I'm on a few other forums that have started to do that and it really works, you can't see peoples post count when they post and can only tell the amount of posts they have is by there status (like demi-god, god super god etc...)

If Eric doesn't ind the forum being spam fair enough, but I think it would help the forum even though alot of people would debate about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok that is fair enough so are you suggesting we hide the post count like the warn level. so only the mods and the user can see it but poeple can still see "demi god" etc. or do you mean you get rid of it all together. and just have the level.

i personally am for the first option where only the user and mods can see the count but everyone can see the level. thats just my opinon

SS.

Edited by ssiscool

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i personally am for the first option where only the user and mods can see the count but everyone can see the level. thats just my opinon

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly what I'm suggesting ;)

But, wouldn't you be able to see the count on the Member list?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i suppose you would, I'm not a member of any forum that uses this system.

Also I can just see a new weekly trend of threads in anything goes 'how many posts have you got?', because some people would want to brag, like they do with their warning levels.

Not needed in my opinion.

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x

But, wouldn't you be able to see the count on the Member list?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i suppose you would, I'm not a member of any forum that uses this system.

Also I can just see a new weekly trend of threads in anything goes 'how many posts have you got?', because some people would want to brag, like they do with their warning levels.

Not needed in my opinion.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh i supose you've got a point with the threads in anything goes. its not worth it if you look at it like that. so its up to Admin or madison i supose whether they do decide to hide it. but its a shame people do post just to get their post up. what have you got to prove.

SS.

Thank you for the suggestion BrownRock,

It's indeed a shame that some members post just to get their post counts up.

Hiding the member's post count will do no good if other members can guess their post count by theur status 'God, demi-god, etc'.

Like I have always said, quality if preferable over quantity. Most of us know what members do 'quality posts' instead of 'quantity posts'.

I have no plans to hide the member' post count.