Underrated Things

Ringo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason Ritchie Blackmore is underrated nowadays is because he left Purple to form a medieval band with his wife. So most people would rather forget about him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad people reakonise Blackmore, HE'S SO UNDERRATED IT PISSES ME OFF! He WAS the best guitarist of the 70's hands down, yes Page dont even come close to Ritchie. Blackmore explored adding neo-classical elements to his music and used exotic scales (Malsteem is a blatent rip off of Ritchie). No one had ever done this before, he changed Metal for ever, also he sped it up to a tempo no one had heard before. He's easily one of the most influentual musicians ever.

Deep Purple are grossly underrated, people just go, they only had Smoke on the Water, infact they were the biggest band in the world in 71-74. Child In Time is one of the best songs ever, but most people have never heard it.

Binge And Slash, Ritchie left Purple mid 70's and formed Rainbow with Ronnie James Dio. IMHO i reakon Rainbow is BETTER than Deep Purple. Gates of Babylon, Stargazer, Man on the Silver Mountain... All amazing songs.

Rainbow went until mid 80's untill Deep Purple reunited, but then Blackmore left early 90's and did 1 more Rainbow album which wasnt very good then formed Blackmore's Night with Candice Night, which is a medieval folk group, and boy can he play a Mandolin well. Even though he's very good at the Folk, i wish he got back into Rock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the album he did with Rainbow after he left Purple the second time? (I thought the only Rainbow album to come out of Post-Purple Blackmore was "Finyl Vinyl")

Whose the singer, Joe Lynn Turner?

I also agree with you, Rainbow are fantastic, I don't understand why they aren't high-lighted as a big name band from their day.

I have quite a few Rainbow albums, but not all.

Alice Cooper is underrated :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

alice is a fucking legend!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ritchie owns him infinite x 99 billion-a-squillion times

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But he is a guitarist :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol i know i was just trying to stir up Rocket lol :P

The only reason Ritchie Blackmore is underrated nowadays is because he left Purple to form a medieval band with his wife. So most people would rather forget about him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad people reakonise Blackmore, HE'S SO UNDERRATED IT PISSES ME OFF! He WAS the best guitarist of the 70's hands down, yes Page dont even come close to Ritchie. Blackmore explored adding neo-classical elements to his music and used exotic scales (Malsteem is a blatent rip off of Ritchie). No one had ever done this before, he changed Metal for ever, also he sped it up to a tempo no one had heard before. He's easily one of the most influentual musicians ever.

Deep Purple are grossly underrated, people just go, they only had Smoke on the Water, infact they were the biggest band in the world in 71-74. Child In Time is one of the best songs ever, but most people have never heard it.

Binge And Slash, Ritchie left Purple mid 70's and formed Rainbow with Ronnie James Dio. IMHO i reakon Rainbow is BETTER than Deep Purple. Gates of Babylon, Stargazer, Man on the Silver Mountain... All amazing songs.

Rainbow went until mid 80's untill Deep Purple reunited, but then Blackmore left early 90's and did 1 more Rainbow album which wasnt very good then formed Blackmore's Night with Candice Night, which is a medieval folk group, and boy can he play a Mandolin well. Even though he's very good at the Folk, i wish he got back into Rock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the album he did with Rainbow after he left Purple the second time? (I thought the only Rainbow album to come out of Post-Purple Blackmore was "Finyl Vinyl")

Whose the singer, Joe Lynn Turner?

I also agree with you, Rainbow are fantastic, I don't understand why they aren't high-lighted as a big name band from their day.

I have quite a few Rainbow albums, but not all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stranger in Us All

That's the 90's Rainbow album. Nah Turner isn't the singer, it's a whole bunch of un-knowns and Ritchie. Wasn't Flinyl Vinyl a live album?

Yeah i love Rainbow, the Dio years were awesome and the best, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Rising, and Long Live Rock N' Roll are all fucken awesome albums. The Bonnent era was pretty good, but the Turner era is better than Bonnet, it was far more Pop than Dio era but was still great.

I would say one of the most under-rated albums is Ignition by the Offspring. Too bad it did't get much recognition, as many of the songs were intelligent, and well thought out. If any of you have the time, at least try to listen to their song 'Dirty Magic'.

Most underrated band: Cinderella - "Hair band" image overshadowed great talent.

Most underrated album: Def Leppard's "Slang" - If it was released four years earlier it would have sold millions.

Most underrated song: "On the Dark Side" by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band - People just think it's that song from that movie, but it's a great, pure rock song.

Whaat? People around me don't seem to underate Floyd at all, espcially since Live8. Anyway Deep Purple and Ritchmore are VERY underappreciated, and Jimi Hendrix's lyrics are very underappreciated as well. Perhaps because he was the God of guitar, that overshadowed his lyrics, but they were still great. Maybe The Beatles are underrated when it comes to hard rock places, but as society and the majority of everyone sees it, they certainly aren't.