A very underated album

chicagocoma13

Page and Plant--- Walking into Clarksdale

There are quite a few songs on this that could have been on a Led Zep album. I know there a lot of Zep fans on this forum and nobody ever seems to talk about this album. Far superior to anything either has done solo and the drummer plays very close to JBs style. I feel many songs are better than most of the stuff on In Through the out Door. The tracks I feel thre strongest are Upon a Golden Horse, Blue Train, Walking into Clarksdale, House of Love, and Sons of Freedom. I forgot how good this album was until I listened for the first time in years last night. I wish they could get together and make one or two more-----

There are quite a few songs on this that could have been on a Led Zep album. I know there a lot of Zep fans on this forum and nobody ever seems to talk about this album. Far superior to anything either has done solo and the drummer plays very close to JBs style.  I feel many songs are better than most of the stuff on In Through the out Door. The tracks I feel thre strongest are Upon a Golden Horse, Blue Train, Walking into Clarksdale, House of Love, and Sons of Freedom. I forgot how good this album was until I listened for the first time in years last night. I wish they could get together and make one or two more-----

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

listen to L.A.M.F. by The Heartbreakers...THERES an underrated album, i personally thinks it one of the best straight ahead rock n roll tunes i've ever heard

There are LOTS of underrated albums, which is a shame;

People tend to underrate The Devision Bell ~ Pink Floyd just because Waters is not in that album.. Another example, I believe The Final Cut is WAY better than The Wall.

Another example is Warning ~ Green Day, Warning is a shift from the punk tune to more mature and expirimental sound, people neglicate this album because they believe Green Day lost their true punkish spirit, bullshit.

In the metal world, I found two albums that are put on dust, the first is Alternative 4 ~ Anathema, so sad and beuatifull, check it out. The second one (even sadder) is A Sombore Dance ~ Estatic Fear, probably the saddest album I'v ever heard.. still no one really knows album that band.

In the metal world, I found two albums that are put on dust, the first is Alternative 4 ~ Anathema, so sad and beuatifull, check it out. The second one (even sadder) is A Sombore Dance ~ Estatic Fear, probably the saddest album I'v ever heard.. still no one really knows album that band.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like Anathema, but I've never hard of the other band but you make it sound quite interesting. Any chance you could send me a bit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like Anathema, but I've never hard of the other band but you make it sound quite interesting. Any chance you could send me a bit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that Anathema album marks the point where Anathema completly lost it...older albums are much better

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sure, PM :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that Anathema album marks the point where Anathema completly lost it...older albums are much better

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No way they lost it. They keep getting better and better and is in my opinion one of the 5 best bands in the world today. I love all anathema's albums.

There are quite a few songs on this that could have been on a Led Zep album. I know there a lot of Zep fans on this forum and nobody ever seems to talk about this album. Far superior to anything either has done solo and the drummer plays very close to JBs style.  I feel many songs are better than most of the stuff on In Through the out Door. The tracks I feel thre strongest are Upon a Golden Horse, Blue Train, Walking into Clarksdale, House of Love, and Sons of Freedom. I forgot how good this album was until I listened for the first time in years last night. I wish they could get together and make one or two more-----

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd rather listen to no quarter...what an awesome unplugged album

kasmir...12 minutes long...awesome violin solo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No way they lost it. They keep getting better and better and is in my opinion one of the 5 best bands in the world today. I love all anathema's albums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no they keep getting worse and worse...kinda like Metallica....they have almoust completly abandoned doom metal,instead going for a prog rock style......shame that this has become a trend in doom metal...Paradise Lost and Katatonia are also 2 prime examples of how a doom metal band can transform from great to dreadful

you cant compare the changes in Anathema with paradise lost..

Anathema just got a bit mellower, they never changed to dance/techno drum rythms like paradise lost have done. And don't compare em to metallica...metallica have RAP on the newest album....that's not how anathema are. Paradise Lost have shot themself in the leg with theyr change.

Anathema has just become softer in their music, but the music is great still.

Another

Not all Doom Metal bands go softer, My Dying Bride are as heavy as they ever have been.

I'm gonna see Anathema live next weekend, cant wait :)