Yngwie, Vai or Satriani

Pepeterry

no one can play faster than Yngwie. His style has never changed. It all sounds the same. I like Satch more than Vai.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actully Vai is faster...

I like Stach the best, he doesnt have a big ego, and his melodic stuff is very good.

from these shredders...satriani

but he's not the best guitarist overall

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, yes he is. He's the only one out of the G3 guys who has mastered ALL the major guitar playing methods, from shredding to tapping. And Vai IS faster than Malmsteem.

Personal wise, I love Vai's work much more than the other two.

Then comes Malmsteem, then comes Joe.

If you want to include Eric Johnson, he places second after Vai.

Then again, as a person Malmsteem's just a cunt.

from these shredders...satriani

but he's not the best guitarist overall

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, yes he is. He's the only one out of the G3 guys who has mastered ALL the major guitar playing methods, from shredding to tapping. And Vai IS faster than Malmsteem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vai has a faster recorded speed on a record. But consistently and including live ability, I think Malmsteen's faster.

Malmsteen is the best from those, Satch is the greatest though.

Malmsteen is a prick and from what Ive heard of his, I was not impressed at all. But then all I heard was a classical guitar solo but it was so god damn boring. I can tell he can play fast but what he is playing was dull.

I love what I have heard from Satriani. He's really technical but he still plays with quite a bit of feeling I think. I haven't heard much of anything from Vai but Ive heard he's actually better than Satch. Right now I'll have to say Satch.

Malmsteen is a prick and from what Ive heard of his, I was not impressed at all. But then all I heard was a classical guitar solo but it was so god damn boring. I can tell he can play fast but what he is playing was dull.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you heard the song 'Far Beyond The Sun'? It's fuckin' cool, give it a listen sometime

ok here it is.

we all now michael angelo batio is the fastest, but so what? he's not necessarily better than vai or satriani.

by that same token, vai and satriani aren't better than bucket.

nowadays though, i've been listening to ron thal and bumblefoot, he's the coolest guy i found since buckethead.

it's really sad they don't play his shit on the radio, it's radio friendly and fuckin phenomonal

Yngwie started the shredding era and if it wasn't for him there there would be no Vai, Satriani, Buckethead, Batio, etc. in terms of shredders. Most of Yngwie stuff sounds very dull to me and boring as hell. It's all the same to me, but he is absolutely amazing. Vai is faster than Malmsteen and I don't know much of Satriani but from what I've heard he is very cool with his stuff. I do know that Satriani is technically just as good as the other two. And speaking of Batio, he's technically the best, but he gives me a headache.

Yngwie started the shredding era and if it wasn't for him there there would be no Vai, Satriani, Buckethead, Batio, etc. in terms of shredders. Most of Yngwie stuff sounds very dull to me and boring as hell. It's all the same to me, but he is absolutely amazing. Vai is faster than Malmsteen and I don't know much of Satriani but from what I've heard he is very cool with his stuff. I do know that Satriani is technically just as good as the other two. And speaking of Batio, he's technically the best, but he gives me a headache.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No Ritchie Blackmore started shredding, Yngwie is just a more skilled rip off from him.