Rate the "American Idiot" Album

Gallagher Rose

Rate the "American Idiot" Album  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There old stuff is pretty run of the mill pop punk IMHO. There new stuff is awesome, because they've finaly found a cause to fight for (which is what great punk needs). American Idiot has also introduced prog elements too, making their sound more original. And to cap if off, it has more catchy tunes than almost all of the albums released in the last five years. You'd be insane if you didn't think it was a great album.

This is why there will never be another band as big as GnR; because as soon as a band reaches a certain level of popularity, it becomes trendy to hate them.

BTW, I copied n' pasted this from another thread, but an identical argument deserves an identical answer.

Edited by Maddergascar

Fantastic album.

As good as Nimrod, maybe not quite as good as Dookie but great all the same. A great return to form by them. The single choices have been excellent and i'm really glad they're back on top where they deserve to be.

R.

the rest of the stuff tho is WAY to punk and therefore crap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

youve got to be fucking kidding me.....GREENDAY IS NOT AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO BEING PUNK...PERIOD.

this is exactly why i HATE greenday, everyone says theyre hard core punkers and they act all tough (live 8 show :vomit: )please dont ever say they are punk because you are wrong, if u want punk listen to something else not greenday they are pop with guitars and thats it :devil:

ringos rant is done...

can any of the people who don't like it explain why? or why the old stuff was better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you must be kidding.

is there a needed explaination for hating greenday?

i thought it was just common sense

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it's not common sense, it's called jumping on the bandwagon.

Dickwad.

can any of the people who don't like it explain why? or why the old stuff was better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you must be kidding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dickwad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually its called not listening to bad poser music ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

youve got to be fucking kidding me.....GREENDAY IS NOT AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO BEING PUNK...PERIOD.

this is exactly why i HATE greenday, everyone says theyre hard core punkers and they act all tough (live 8 show :vomit: )please dont ever say they are punk because you are wrong, if u want punk listen to something else not greenday they are pop with guitars and thats it :devil:

ringos rant is done...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You go on about them not being punk but you fail to tell us which REAL PUNK we should be listening to instead?! :confused:

You obviously know jack shit about punk, is it cause they don't swear enough and don't have mowhaks? come on, they were probably playing clubs when you were in diaper's so give it up already.

ringo's rant is shit! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you must be kidding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dickwad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually its called not listening to bad poser music ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bad poser music? nah, i actually really like GOOD poser music <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ringos rant is done...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You go on about them not being punk but you fail to tell us which REAL PUNK we should be listening to instead?! :confused:

You obviously know jack shit about punk, is it cause they don't swear enough and don't have mowhaks? come on, they were probably playing clubs when you were in diaper's so give it up already.

ringo's rant is shit! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the ramones, the clash, the sex pistols, the casualties, the unseen, the virus.....believe me i can go on forever. i dont even like punk and i know what real punk music is. and no, its not cause they dont swear and have mohawks, its because they sing songs like american idiot and holiday, and i dont give a shit if they were playing when i was in diapers :huh: so i dont know if that was supposed to offend me or what :huh: