Calling guitar geniuses

I'm thinking of buying this Fender Classic Series 50's Stratocaster (Mexican) (obviousy in gold not that puke green B) ), any bad/good experiences with it/does it look sexy as I'm assuming. I'm going to be playing lots of classic rock, blues and probaly lots of GNR by the way.

Any other info would be appriciated and I'll love you forever.

(Also if anybody can recommend anything better for £400 or less, please do)

Thx :wub:

I'm thinking of buying this Fender Classic Series 50's Stratocaster (Mexican) (obviousy in gold not that puke green B) ), any bad/good experiences with it/does it look sexy as I'm assuming. I'm going to be playing lots of classic rock, blues and probaly lots of GNR by the way.

Any other info would be appriciated and I'll love you forever.

(Also if anybody can recommend anything better for £400 or less, please do)

Thx  :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Drools*

Yeah thats an awesome guitar (dont be put off by the fact it's Mexican, the Mex Fenders are almost as good as the US ones, they also use the exact same woods as the US ones) It will be the perfect guitar for blues and classic rock, but GNR will sound a bit different on a Strat lol. I reakonmend getting new pickups after you have had the guitar for a while, Lindy Fralin pickups are some of the best single coil pickups you can buy.

Thanks for the opinions lads, and cheers for that link johnezz, I shall take a closer look at those pickups.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs, yeah the stock pickups are good, but not amazing. If your gigging you will want top range pickups. You also said you wanted to play Blues, i've heard that stock Mex Strat pickups are pretty lifeless for blues, the Lindy Fralins are very expressive and have awesome attack.

I reakonmend the Blues Special ranges of the Fralins: http://www.fralinpickups.com/stratstyleBS.asp

They have slightly higher output than the vintage style pickups, so they are perfect for Blues and Classic/Hard Rock. Also all Fralin pickups are hand wound and not done machine, this means they are of very high quality.

He's some reviews of them: http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data...Special-01.html

Also he's some reviews for the Strat your looking at: http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data...ue_Strat-1.html

I agree with Ringo that they US strats are better, but not by much, like i said before the Mex ones use the exact same woods as the US ones. If i was you i would get the Mex one, then spend the spare change on getting awesome pickups, that will make a good guitar an amazing guitar. Note: i reakonmend after you get the guitar to go to a Guitar Shop to get it professionally set up, they will do intonation and level frets if needed.

Happy buying :)

Edited by johnezz

I have one of these, granted its not very original anymore. I stuck a hot rail in the bridge, and i put an old tokai locking trem on it...sweet. Only problem is I'm on my second neck in 3 years because Fender's vintage frets suck my balls.

I agree with Ringo that they US strats are better, but not by much, like i said before the Mex ones use the exact same woods as the US ones.  If i was you i would get the Mex one, then spend the spare change on getting awesome pickups, that will make a good guitar an amazing guitar.  Note:  i reakonmend after you get the guitar to go to a Guitar Shop to get it professionally set up, they will do intonation and level frets if needed.

Happy buying  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya thats a really good idea, the mex strats are still really good and cheaper, and you can pick out what pickups you want to get the exact sound your looking for rock3 exellent deal rock4