Axl Rose v Bob Dylan

Who's better?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No it wouldnt, Axl voice with Bob lyric would be a whole bloody mess!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You think KOHD is a mess? :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, no, I had in mind something like Blowing In The Wind with Axl doing the Welcome To The Jungle voice!

I listened to Not Dark Yet. It's good.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan= Great lyrics

Axl= Great voice

il rather choose axl, cause music is all about the quality of the sound, and the voice of axl is better. a great convination coul be dylan's lyrics with axl voice  rock2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Finally someone explained why they voted for Axl Rose. I don't really agree with the statement, but at least a reason was stated. I'm still waiting for over 20 other people to explain why they voted for Axl Rose. Because so far, they haven't been able to.

The majority who voted for Axl Rose are the little kids who think to themselves: "Bob who?"

:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and the majority of people who voted for Bod Dylan thought"Bob Dylan is older,so its better"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I highly doubt that. Bob Dylan has produced fantastic music in 40 years time. He has created over 700 songs. Thats very impressive. His music has had a bigger impact on the world than Axls. IMO Dylan is the best music artist ever.

The majority who voted for Axl Rose are the little kids who think to themselves: "Bob who?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and the majority of people who voted for Bod Dylan thought"Bob Dylan is older,so its better"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm, no. They thought that Bob Dylan is more influential and has written A LOT of songs that blow Axl Rose's away. They have explained their vote. Read the first four pages. People have explained why the voted for Bob Dylan. Only a couple have explained why they have voted for Axl Rose.

Also, about the older statement, Bob Dylan has released more recent music than Axl has. Axl hasn't released a song since 1994, and hasn't done a concert since 2002, if I'm not mistaken. Dylan is currently on tour and released a full-length album eight years ago in 1997. Going by that, Bob Dylan is more current than Axl Rose, so your argument really has absolutely no basis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm, no. They thought that Bob Dylan is more influential and has written A LOT of songs that blow Axl Rose's away. They have explained their vote. Read the first four pages. People have explained why the voted for Bob Dylan. Only a couple have explained why they have voted for Axl Rose.

Also, about the older statement, Bob Dylan has released more recent music than Axl has. Axl hasn't released a song since 1994, and hasn't done a concert since 2002, if I'm not mistaken. Dylan is currently on tour and released a full-length album eight years ago in 1997. Going by that, Bob Dylan is more current than Axl Rose, so your argument really has absolutely no basis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dylan had also planned to release an album this year but it is most likely to be next year now.

those who go with bob are traitors, AXL!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or maybe they are smart. Or know about music. Or at least know what they are talking about before they open their mouths. Unlike you.

The fact that this is tied is just stupid. The people who voted for Axl Rose in this poll, and then complain about the Presidential election voting need to shut the hell up because they are officially hypocrites.

it's really sad that dylan is winning by one vote :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not anymore. It's level, but i still think thats a victory on a gnr forum.

Dylan has just got such beautiful writing.

Standing in the doorway

Yesterday everything was going too fast

Today, it's moving too slow

I got no place left to turn

I got nothing left to burn

Don't know if I saw you, if I would kiss you or kill you

It probably wouldn't matter to you anyhow

Those lyrics blow me away everytime i listen to them. It's such a sad song, it really brings a tear to my eye when i listen to it.

Man in the Long Black Coat

But people don't live or die, people just float.

She went with the man

In the long black coat.

The man in the long black coat i think is meant to to be death. I think this whole song is coming to terms with that one day, everyone will die.

Tangled up in Blue

Then she opened up a book of poems

And handed it to me

Written by an Italian poet

From the thirteenth century.

And every one of them words rang true

And glowed like burnin' coal

Pourin' off of every page

Like it was written in my soul from me to you,

Tangled up in blue.

How do you even comprehend writing a song like this! It's just brilliant from start to finish. It has many great metaphors such as "we drove that car as far as we could" (took the relationship as far as we could).

I think the words glowed like burning coal is probably the most beautiful lyric i have ever seen and i dare anyone to challenge it.

Simple Twist of Fate

People tell me it's a sin

To know and feel too much within.

I still believe she was my twin, but I lost the ring.

She was born in spring, but I was born too late

Blame it on a simple twist of fate.

I think this song is about how you met like the right person, your soulmate, but let them go and realising it when its too late.

Feel free to post some dylan lyrics and analyse them if you like. Or disagree with my interpretations. I think many dylan songs have more than one level to them.

Edited by Guest

Love Minus Zero/No Limit

My love she speaks like silence,

Without ideals or violence,

She doesn't have to say she's faithful,

Yet she's true, like ice, like fire.

truly...the first line is so perfectly woven in simplicity that it's incredibly moving and extremely heart-felt, very simple yet gets the job done

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

And what did you hear, my blue-eyed son?

And what did you hear, my darling young one?

I heard the sound of a thunder, it roared out a warnin',

Heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world,

Heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin',

Heard ten thousand whisperin' and nobody listenin',

Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin',

Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter,

Heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley,

And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,

A hard rain's a-gonna fall

from heartfelt lyrics...onto apocolyptic visions. i envision a father talking to his son and all these darkened images coming up such as thunder and waves and drummer...in the same vein as all along the watchtower. the people starvin and laughing and poet and clown (both of society's necessary figures) symbolize the loss of humanity invisioned and end in a disastorous event that cripples all of mankind.

The Gates of Eden

Of war and peace the truth just twists

Its curfew gull it glides

Upon four-legged forest clouds

The cowboy angel rides

With his candle lit into the sun

Though its glow is waxed in black

All except when 'neath the trees of Eden

as opposed to the last verse, this one gives an optomistic view of things and shows that there is a place away from the inhumanities of life and war and peace and destruction. "upon four legged forest clouds The cowboy angel rides

With his candle lit into the sun Though its glow is waxed in black" is, i believe, vivid drug induced images for a savior bringing sullen harmony to the land (at least the place of solitude) from which the sign (the curfew gull) came from. all this ends in one hopeful last line of salvation with the angel.

Edited by stevGNR666

Bob Dylan: 34

Axl Rose: 36

Some of you people are beyond stupid. I'm really glad I don't know some of you. The people who have listened to Axl Rose and Bob Dylan, and know what they are talking about have my respect. The other voters are just idiots.

Tangled up in Blue

Then she opened up a book of poems

And handed it to me

Written by an Italian poet

From the thirteenth century.

And every one of them words rang true

And glowed like burnin' coal

Pourin' off of every page

Like it was written in my soul from me to you,

Tangled up in blue.

How do you even comprehend writing a song like this! It's just brilliant from start to finish. It has many great metaphors such as "we drove that car as far as we could" (took the relationship as far as we could).

"What's different about it is that there's a code in the lyrics, and there's also no sense of time. There's no respect for it. You've got yesterday, today and tommorrow all in the same room, and there's very little you can't imagine not happening."

-Bob Dylan

That's what I like so much about the song. It's personal and very unique.

Bob Dylan: 34

Axl Rose: 36

Some of you people are beyond stupid.  I'm really glad I don't know some of you.  The people who have listened to Axl Rose and Bob Dylan, and know what they are talking about have my respect.  The other voters are just idiots.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Disgraceful, Bob is a musical god, He is not only the biggest influence ever in music he had more social impact that any other musican ever

Listerning to Blind Wille McTell right now, such an amazing song, gives me goosebumps every time.

Guest gnr>everything
Stupid poll. I love GnR, but simply, Bob is better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's why it was a good idea. See how many people here actually appreciate the greats, and how many vote for axl or gnr in every poll

This is just pathetic.

ANY other forum would have Bob Dylan blowing away Axl, but you've all got your head so far up his ass that you can't recognize the geniuses who made music what it became and what it is today.

Sorry, but Dylan by a mile.

It's obvious that Dylan is better but some of you people really need to get over yourselves.

People voted for Axl cause he's their favourite and they think he is "better" because that's what the question is.

Please, get over it.