Axl Rose v Bob Dylan

Who's better?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's obvious that Dylan is better but some of you people really need to get over yourselves.

People voted for Axl cause he's their favourite and they think he is "better" because that's what the question is.

Please, get over it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which proves how ignorant they are.

The question should be:

How many of you aren't ignorant (35)

How many of you are (40)

Funnily enough, those are the same numbers of people that voted for Dylan and Rose respectively.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan = Possibly the greatest lyricist of all time. But his voice is pretty bad and his songwriting skill isn't up to his lyric-writing skill

Axl has a better voice but in terms of lyrics, he's nothing on Dylan.

I'll go with Bob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree except i`m just slightly swayed to Axl on this. People are leavin out a few things, Charisma, performance and they count for a lot. Axl has those in spades.

I voted for axl by accident. Just listen to hurricane by Dylan and youll see why hes the better song writer. That song gives me chills.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^^ Gives me shivers up my spine, one of my all time favourites. The last third of Coma beats it though for Emotion.

Dylan = Possibly the greatest lyricist of all time. But his voice is pretty bad and his songwriting skill isn't up to his lyric-writing skill

Axl has a better voice but in terms of lyrics, he's nothing on Dylan.

I'll go with Bob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree except i`m just slightly swayed to Axl on this. People are leavin out a few things, Charisma, performance and they count for a lot. Axl has those in spades.

goddamn listen to bootleg from 1964 (which just so happens to be on right now on my computer)

perhaps the greatest acoustic set he's ever done and his grip over the crowd seems incredible

not only that...but he's pretty funny between almost every song cracking jokes...and even during the songs...

sure he didn't run around like a maniac on stage but he was playing guitar...alone :rolleyes:

Edited by stevGNR666

Rose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is just getting funny. ANOTHER person that refused to explain an Axl Rose vote. You people are making my day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most probably vote Axl because they don't know Dylan's music and have no idea about who he was. So they simply say "axl". People who don't know Dylan shouldn't even be allowed to vote here.

Like I said before:

Anybody with even an ounce of understanding of musical history KNOWS that dylan was more innovative, more influencial, and internationaly recognised as being an actual poet. Can't deny that.

I can live with the fact that people simply don't like his sound. But there is no denying that he meant so much more for music in general then Axl Rose did. So, I guess people can LIKE Axl better. But I do think there is no denying Dylan as an artist was more important to music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please...take a bow

that ALMOST brought a tear to my eye (no sarcasm) :)

It's obvious that Dylan is better but some of you people really need to get over yourselves.

People voted for Axl cause he's their favourite and they think he is "better" because that's what the question is.

Please, get over it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We dont mind people disagreeing with our opinion. Fine. But at least give a reason why.

Oh and username, spot on ;)

I'm not a great fan of Bob Dylan's music, however, in terms of contribution as a songwriter there is simply no comparison between him and Axl Rose.

Bob Dylan is a genius in artistic terms and has written some fantastic songs over the years whether I like his croaky voice or not.

I'm listening to "All I Really Want To Do" and wish the people voting for Axl Rose would check out "Another Side of Bob Dylan". They'd have a great collection of music, and might know enough to really have their thoughts taken seriously in this poll. Of course, that's asking WAY too much from some of these people.

You know what? You guys seem to forget one crucial thing when you complain about the people who vote Axl. Music is all about connection. If Axl Rose connects you in a way that Bob Dylan doesn't, then you should have the rights to think Axl is a better artist.

I respect Bob Dylan, and loves a lot of his music, but Axl is a musician I can identify myself with. Why do you think Kurt Cobain is legend. It's not because of his music, but his gift for connecting with people. Axl is the same for me, and I guess, a lot of others who voted for him here. Sure, I realise there A LOT who just vote Axl for no apparent reason. I don't.

You know what? You guys seem to forget one crucial thing when you complain about the people who vote Axl. Music is all about connection. If Axl Rose connects you in a way that Bob Dylan doesn't, then you should have the rights to think Axl is a better artist.

I respect Bob Dylan, and loves a lot of his music, but Axl is a musician I can identify myself with. Why do you think Kurt Cobain is legend. It's not because of his music, but his gift for connecting with people. Axl is the same for me, and I guess, a lot of others who voted for him here. Sure, I realise there A LOT who just vote Axl for no apparent reason. I don't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well at least you gave a reason why you prefer axl. Thats all we are asking for. An explanation as to why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for explaining why. The poll should now be:

Axl Rose: 1

Bob Dylan: 35

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for explaining why. The poll should now be:

Axl Rose: 1

Bob Dylan: 35

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good point rumin

i also agree with get in the ring that it's about connection and i guess that i just connect with bob dylan's surrealistic yet simplistic aproach to music instead of axl's tough guy imagery (most of afd) and then the putrid attempt of being poetic while trying to retain the tough guy image which was UYI's. I'm not saying it wasn't good music, i just don't connect with it as much as i once thought i did. of course there are some exceptions (coma, breakdown, estranged) which i still connect with that Axl created that i still hold high in regards, but dylan's contributions and storytelling ability in veiled metaphors or not, i find much more pathologically and poetically pleasing to read and listen to.

Same here.  I connect with Dylan's cynical "poor traveling boy" personality than I do with Axl's rebellious attitude.  Just preference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too, Dylan is very easy to have a conncetion with through his music. A lot of people believe in his political and social views, Dylan is far more rebellious IMO, he helped bring upon social change in the 60s. Everyone can conncet with atleast 1 Dylan song, he has so many, about love, hope, fear, being down and out, discrimination. His song are poems, and are stories. When reading the lyrics its like the bible, each song has a good hidden message in that we can all take out and relate to our lives. Bob is a true person, he shows it through his music, he pours his heart into everything. Axl, while has written a few good songs, just pales in comparison of the great Mr. Dylan.

What's that Dylan song again, when in the video he's holding up the lyrics on cards and drops them as the song goes by?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

subterranean homesick bluesssssss

"IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A BUM

you better chew gum" :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great song! ;)

I love it. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a masterpiece of only 3 chords :wub:

i was playing it the other day on the acoustic :P

Says he’s got a bad cough

Wants to get it paid off