The Guitar Im thinking of getting

This looks like a pretty sweet strat especially for them price!

should i buy it or wait intill i get enough money to buy a different one? because the price is so low it makes me wonder if the quality matches the quality of the more expensive ones :unsure:

should i buy it or wait intill i get enough money to buy a different one? because the price is so low it makes me wonder if the quality matches the quality of the more expensive ones :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You NEED to go to the music store and try a few Highways before purchasing one. I saw a Highway US Fender Tele and it wasn't that flash. Is it a good bargain? Well, you get a damn nice looking Strat with a genuine Fender headstock. Is it the best sound for the price...meeh probably not.

Go try a few out. At the end of the day, if all you want is the word Fender on your headstock then I personally don't see anything wrong with that. If you're after tone then the only way to find it is by playing guitar after guitar. I must say, the Highway Tele I looked at was probably one of the nicest looking guitars I've seen in a while...and you never know, a bit of tweaking along with the right amp could have made it a decent guitar.

Man, I forgot how much I liked that guitar until now. It's a shame that it sounded like a banjo.

Ringo let me tell you the honest to God difference between highway 1 and mexican standard series. Hand rolled fingerboard edges, better pickups, made in usa decal on the headstock. Big difference? not really. Play on a mexi for a while and the fingerboard will feel the same. Mexican fenders are built in ensenada, mexico, american fenders in corona california. Either way your fender is built by a mexican, the "american" mexicans just spend more time and atention to detail, hope that helps ya. My opinion, get a mexi and change the pickups

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You NEED to go to the music store and try a few Highways before purchasing one. I saw a Highway US Fender Tele and it wasn't that flash. Is it a good bargain? Well, you get a damn nice looking Strat with a genuine Fender headstock. Is it the best sound for the price...meeh probably not.

Go try a few out. At the end of the day, if all you want is the word Fender on your headstock then I personally don't see anything wrong with that. If you're after tone then the only way to find it is by playing guitar after guitar. I must say, the Highway Tele I looked at was probably one of the nicest looking guitars I've seen in a while...and you never know, a bit of tweaking along with the right amp could have made it a decent guitar.

Man, I forgot how much I liked that guitar until now. It's a shame that it sounded like a banjo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THIS is what you have to do, you have to try the guitar before buying it.