wich gnr song would you cover if you w/ in a band?

as i sing in a band in France and we're maybe gonna release something in december, i'm trying to force the other band members's opinions on a particluar subject : do a cover version of double talkin' jive wich is IMO one of the best gnr song and gives a large scope for improvisation if you have a bit of imagination...

don't know if GNR or AXL will authorize us to do it if our LP is ever commercialized but i'd like to do that

a punk version of this song would be great

what would you do, wich song would you pick and what kind of changes would you bring to it ?

Okay, i'd love to do a cover of 14 years, cos i love it and its not guns n roses biggest hit. Like anyone tries to do SCOM, PC, or WTTJ are digging their own graves! Guns n Roses were just TOO good to do a sucessful cover of one of their big tracks. Thats why i would wanna do a track like 14 years! Also cos its a really nice song, and i idolize Izzy way of singing and playing!

Like anyone tries to do SCOM, PC, or WTTJ are digging their own graves! Guns n Roses were just TOO good to do a sucessful cover of one of their big tracks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i totally agree, that's why i wanna do a cover version of double talkin' jive in a completly different way...

14 years is a good choice though... but it's hard to change this song in any kind of way, you would play it faster ?

as i sing in a band in France and we're maybe gonna release something in december, i'm trying to force the other band members's opinions on a particluar subject : do a cover version of double talkin' jive wich is IMO one of the best gnr song and gives a large scope for improvisation if you have a bit of imagination...

don't know if GNR or AXL will authorize us to do it if our LP is ever commercialized but i'd like to do that

Actually I don't think they have to authorize it. It's nice, if you ask, but as long as you pay them a percentage you can do it even against their will.

I´m in a band, even tough we don´t play together more than maybe one a week, wich is a bit sad. Anyway......we have been starting to play Sweet Child Of Mine and i acctually think that it sounds good. Sure our singer isn´t Axl rose but he can hit some high notes to make it all sound good overall. We have been talking about playing Patience altso since it´s such a great song, so we have to wait and see what happens with that. When i think that it sounds great i will try to make a recording of it so that you all will have a chance to hear it.

A punk band just asked me to play lead for them so I said yea since in my small town college, there's nothing interesting to do. I'd really like to cover Nightrain but those dudes I'm with don't have that much of skills to cover it. I wanted a band that played some old school rock but none had the skills to. Life is sad in my place....the rest think its great!