Building the Johnezz-O-Caster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY BABIES HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

Hehehe, yes yes yes, thats right i finally got my pickups.

Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB, $330.

Arn't they beautys! I can't wait to finish my guitar and whack these babies in.

project88jf.jpg

Also i bought a bridge, not just any bridge, this one is a very good quality solid steel one, weights a tonne, but that means a hellva lot more sustain.

Also got pickup mouting rings, the little bag has all the screws and springs for the tremolo bridge.

project95ec.jpg

Rock on  rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keeping it real as i say!

cool, but 330$ for the pickups? in musiciansfriend.com both cost 145$.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$330 Australian Dollars

I got them much cheaper than if i bought them anywhere else, if i bought them at the local msuic store they would of been $400 Australian.

I was about to shoot you with something before I found out they were aussie bucks. Btw your original project looked exactly like an ESP M-II, but then you changed a bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i was originally going for the MkII look, but a Strat is much easier to build.

And yeah, i got everything actully quite cheap.

I did some more work on it today, ill take pictures and do a write-up soon.

AHAHA, yeah yeah yeah quit your bitching. :lol:

Ok i've rough cut the neck, and also bought a Truss Rod, its a good one, Double Action one. I have to rout a trench for the Truss Rod and also cut the fretboard to the neck. The neck is the Hardest part of the whole guitar, wish me luck.

project106mu.jpg

I've also routed out the cavity for the tremolo at the back of the guitar, AND YES I MADE A MISTAKE OK!! Only a small one, as you can see i cut the body too thin and you can see the biscut joints. BUT THAT CAN BE FIXED :P I can just fill them and when i paint over it you wont even no the differene. I'll also just grind down the bottom of the tremolo block too.

project114si.jpg

Hopefully i can get alot done on Monday, Peace Out.

What the fuck were you thinking, you gotta know about the biscuit joints. Fuckin retard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I know perfectly well about biscut joints, i cut them many times before. The mistake i made was cutting the body too thin, when measuring i forgot to take in to account the 5mm thickness of the blade. But meh, i can be fixed easy as pie.

• 2 weeks later...

:( good luck with it johnezz, itll be great when its finished. man, i want to be able to build guitars. such a great past time, and when its finished it would be like your baby. :)

PP

rock1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna build my first guitar next year..When I go to university and get acces to a woodworking shop..

Currently I'm half-way through a kit guitar...

I've started doing CAD-drawings for the guitar I'm gonna build first...This is a quick one I came up with that I might go for.

red.jpg

gitarr2.jpg