Under 20s into 'older music'

sabre

OK username's 'how did you get into older music' thread made me think of this.

Those of you who are into music from the 80s 70s and 60s do your friends like the same music or do they take the piss?

Most of my friends are into sort of emo/indie stuff. Bands like inme, feeder, bloc party etc. They try to take the mick but i know i'm right and always have the best argument :D

My friends like the same music as I do, but my cousins really hate the stuff I listen to (they can't appreciate good music), and say crap like "No one likes your music, you won't get married 'cause you listen to Ozzy," or my favorite one "Only really old people listen to your music." So as you can see, my cousins aren't too bright.

I'm 15 and I'm into OLD music man. Like from Cream (late 60's and stuff), The Beatles (60's as well), Gnr (80's), Led Zeppelin (70's). There's alot more man. I also like some really early RnB and Soul. Ray Charles is the shit rock3 Most of my friends don't like that stuff but I can care less about what they think :)

I love older music, infact theres very few bands that i listern too that were even in the 90's. I listern to most stuff from the 70's, and only the good stuff that came out of the 80s, and 60's too.

The music scene is getting better, theres a few new bands i like.

Some people say it's cool that I dig old music. Some people tell me to get with the times, and I tell them that modern music mostly sucks, and then they tell me that old music mostly sucks, but deep inside I know they're the ones who really suck.

my friends dont understand why i like a lot of older music. they're all into pop, rap, and country. the only person i know that's into the same kinds of music as me is my boyfriend...... no wonder i think he rocks so much! rock3 lol

Edited by LovinAxl

My girlfriend broke up with me cause i listened to "older" music, but i have to make sacrifices to listen to older bands.

She was in my room once, and i decided to chuck on Pink Floyd - Bike, and she went bannana's. I didnt release people we're that narrow minded. But i would pick pink floyd over any girl any day. I get bagged alot as well, alot of my mates love techno, and r&n&b and that puppet music. I dont even bother arguing with them though.

My friends are into the shittest music ever, i meen every friday in history we are allowed to put on music but o look what comes on R&B or some crappy dicks who cant sing, they do take the piss out of my music but i just tell them to piss off mostly, most my friends take the mick out of axl, which oviously i tell them were to go.

me and my friends have nothing i common, they like pop or rnb (normally english) one of my closest friends is obsessed with 50 cent. One person i know (i wouldn't call them a good friend) loves zeppelin. But theres an understanding in my year of what i like and not to insult it.