Rock Doomed Forever?

gunners_90

That is a hard question.Although I don't think that exact era will come back (fashion sense has changed, music has changed, PEOPLE have changed)...their is still oppourtunity for new rock n roll i guess. I hate to think about it because you know, I was born in the wrong decade ;) and didnt get to experience that era, so it sucks

Music now sucks..., It's plagued with Rap and Hip Hop Assholes. I hope one day things come back to the 90's style, when GNR ruled the earth.

As a couple of you people say..., It's very difficult to have rock again..., just take a look at rock bands right now, and you can feel they lack something that rock bands of the past had... I don't know what it is... but since GNR I haven't seen a band that can be compared to them..

I hope that the NEW GNR can match and overpass the quality of the old GNR!!

I think it will occur again. Historically there's always been a need for a good, genuine rock band the likes of whom you've mentioned.

Eventually, as has happened before, people will tire if the sh*te that seems to dominate the present commercial music scene.

It just takes a blinding band to come along... and that hasn't happened for some time now...

...sadly...

I think it has a good chance of coming back mabye not for a while but soon within a decade or so. I see alot more people at my school wearing pink flyod shirts, acdc shirts, motely crue shirts, and led zeppelin shirts maybe some of them are posers but if the music gets spread around it has a better chance of coming back. More people are getting exsposed to the music so it has a chance but i guess we will have to wait and see. Hopefully it comes back.

It depends on different factors. The reason why there aren't a bunch of modern-day Johnny Cash's in country music today is partly because that isn't what record labels are looking for. They want someone who looks good in a hat and has a bit of a rock edge. It really doesn't matter whether or not they are great musicians. The same thing could be said about rock n' roll music, but to a lesser extent. The British invasion has come and gone. It influenced a lot of people though, and maybe people will take the influence and use it to create their own music.

As long as the four or five big record labels control the majority of music that's released in major retail stores, as long as Clear Channel keeps shoving the same seven songs down our throats on the radio, and as long as the key demographic for music sales (fickle teenagers that will buy anything the labels say is cool and good no matter how awful it is) keep buying all this shit, we're going to be stuck with lousy "rock".

Dont worry the darkness will save us

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the darkness is one of the only bands holding the torch of rock n roll in the twenty-first century. OK, so they're a little cheesy, but those hawkins boys sure can play guitar, and if you listened to the album, i think you'd change your opinion.

moving on, within the next year or so it's possible we'll have a new acdc album, a new motley crue album, a new velvet revolver album, a new stones album and maybe a new gnr album. Rock still exists, and it ain't never gonna die. It's just in a bit of a ditch at the moment. Rock and roll will rise again.

Guest gnr>everything
I've got no clue of who Bob Dylen is!

:fuckyou: YAMISONIC :fuckyou:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clearly. You spelt Bon Dylan's name wrong! :lol::lol::lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was intentional, part of the joke :drevil: