Rock Doomed Forever?

gunners_90

rock like that is dead :( now we got greenday my chemical romance etc and its all shite. we could get new music like GNR but if you think about it its down to us. we will be the new generation of musicians

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's right. We will be the new era of rock

They aren't new pink floyds or new led zeppelins

the amount of tubby bastards playing sub par zeppling shit round here i could count on about fourteen hands, they're everywhere, crap standard riff after riff dressed like hepcats so they can snort coke off slags arses.

everythings been done a billion times, sometimes its a hit, most of the time its a miss.

there wont be any new 'rock gods' as long as people just keep basically ripping off the people who've come before and did it better. the local moron might enjoy going to bars and seeing some arse covering 'my generation' or something. the reason the old stuff stays so popular is because for its time it was original, new and exciting, but its passed now, there's nothing wrong with straying from 4/4 time now and again and maybe not having a verse or chorus per say, it just scares the shit out of those without a clue so they ignore it and the best stuff sadly stays on the sidelines.

actually - not sadly, im glad most decent bands are small time, less pricks around watching them.

but yea i get what you're saying.

there wont be any new 'rock gods' as long as people just keep basically ripping off the people who've come before and did it better. the local moron might enjoy going to bars and seeing some arse covering 'my generation' or something. the reason the old stuff stays so popular is because for its time it was original, new and exciting, but its passed now, there's nothing wrong with straying from 4/4 time now and again and maybe not having a verse or chorus per say, it just scares the shit out of those without a clue so they ignore it and the best stuff sadly stays on the sidelines.

actually - not sadly, im glad most decent bands are small time, less pricks around watching them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. People just listen to what they know, which is what MTV feeds them. And neither the people (and I mean the mainstream masses) nor the record labels nor MTV are willing to take a chance on something new and experimental. And that is the exact reason why actualy good new music never get's a chance, and that there will not be a new famous rock band that will influence a generation and have a next generation grow up with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait til my band gets a record deal :D

A band called The Glitterati are an excellent band who are not well known at all but the main reason they wanted to record an album was because they were fed up of other rock bands type of music, they said it was going away from the hard rock roots. Check out the album if you havnt already, it rocks rock3

you can dream.

unless of course you're some sort of genre defying audio?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

na, good ol rock n roll. I dont expect big things, its just a garage/small show band, something to do until I move to LA. Although I don't believe that record companies are gonna just stick to pop and rap for signing people. That's just not true.

Edited by sabre

A band called The Glitterati are an excellent band who are not well known at all but the main reason they wanted to record an album was because they were fed up of other rock bands type of music, they said it was going away from the hard rock roots. Check out the album if you havnt already, it rocks rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

with the same producer as appetite for destruction. not my thing really.

I don't think rock is doomed, it's still around, it's just different than the rock in the previous decades, 80's was hair metal, '90s was Grunge/Alternative, now it's nu-metal, rock will never die, it will just change every decade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. People just listen to what they know, which is what MTV feeds them. And neither the people (and I mean the mainstream masses) nor the record labels nor MTV are willing to take a chance on something new and experimental. And that is the exact reason why actualy good new music never get's a chance, and that there will not be a new famous rock band that will influence a generation and have a next generation grow up with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed 100% there, both of you.

Nobody wants to listern to some crappy hair metal revival band now, they are laughable and just pathetic. Hail Metal thankfully died in the late 80s, when a genre dies nobody wants it to come back again, if they still wanted to listern to it then the genre would of never died in the first place.

Kids are too conditioned to accepet what is spoon fed to them, I bet 90% of this forum board would of never heard of Guns N' Roses if it wasnt for MTV. MTV has been spoon feeding the teenage masses for 20 years, and they no nothing different, if all they see is Rap on MTV they automatically presume that this must be the only genre in music. Get real kiddies, open your minds, and look for NEW and ORIGINAL bands, dont go looking for bands that are RIP OFFS of Guns or shitty Motely Crue. If you want an original kick arse new band that is popular, listern to Muse, they fucking rock!

Also we will NEVER have a world dominate rock band in the world again, i would like to think so, but we wont. Music has changed, kids these days are used to listerning to a fast food version of Music, where they only listern to the charts, they love a song an artist for a week then move on. This is because people like MTV spoon feed them. The only way a band can have a strong and loyal fan base is if it earns one, if it goes on commerical radio or MTV it will be big for a week then forgotten. Also for the younger kids, youll never be able to see good rock bands because atm your too young to go see proper acts at venues that you need to be over 18 to get into.

Also back in the 70's and 80's there was a very limited array of genres, today it is much more diverse, a Rock band will never be king ofthe worl because it will always be overshadowed by the hyped up MTV crap. The market is suffocated.

Get off your lazy asses people and go LOOKING for new ORGINAL music and bands. Don't look for rip off bands that you think "oo these guys sound like AC/DC that rocks" no it does no rock, if you want to listern to a band that sound like AC/DC, then goddamn listern to AC/DC! not some cheap current day rip off.

Peace Out.