Slash's wah pedal

nah he used would of used a rack, but the stock crybaby would sound almost the same, plus they are cheap and sound classic  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on the model that you have. A rack mount system gives you more control over how the wah sounds. I have a Cry Baby and don't rate it that much. There isn't much variance, it just goes from really bassy to really trebly without any middle ground which sucks...

...but it still nails the outro to Civil War perfectly!

Also, if you're asking what gear Slash uses so that you can run out and buy it thinking that it will make you sound exactly like Slash - forget it. Slash's sound consists of expensive Gibsons, over-the-top Marshalls and rack-mount systems that cost more than I care to think about. All of these are set up by a professional sound tech, so don't be too bummed if your $99 wah doesn't give you that thick arena tone that Slash gets.

nah he used would of used a rack, but the stock crybaby would sound almost the same, plus they are cheap and sound classic  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on the model that you have. A rack mount system gives you more control over how the wah sounds. I have a Cry Baby and don't rate it that much. There isn't much variance, it just goes from really bassy to really trebly without any middle ground which sucks...

...but it still nails the outro to Civil War perfectly!

Also, if you're asking what gear Slash uses so that you can run out and buy it thinking that it will make you sound exactly like Slash - forget it. Slash's sound consists of expensive Gibsons, over-the-top Marshalls and rack-mount systems that cost more than I care to think about. All of these are set up by a professional sound tech, so don't be too bummed if your $99 wah doesn't give you that thick arena tone that Slash gets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought my Crybaby had great mid, good treble and ok bass. I still love it tho

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( aawwwww, i thought if i had slash's wah wah all i had to do was to pluck the strings on my guitar and i will have the exact same sound slash has, but now you bursted my bubble, thankyou very much...................... <_<

Edited by slashNstrad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( aawwwww, i thought if i had slash's wah wah all i had to do was to pluck the strings on my guitar and i will have the exact same sound slash has, but now you bursted my bubble, thankyou very much...................... <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have a Marshall and a "Les Paul" or copy whatever, and you cock your wah on bass you'll get slash's live sound for sweet child o' mine, play the solo with the wah cocked on bass then when the wah part comes in just rock it forward an you get an amazin wah solo. It sounds really good. But if you have a marshall Bass : 7 Mid : 7 Treble: 5.5 an contour pretty bright but not too bright. That should sort you out

get a 535q its $110 bucks. you can set the settings pretty much like a rack. Its a Multi wah wah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats the one i have for more than a year, i just wanted to know what slash used not so i can get it, just out of curiosity.

and the last message i posted in this thread was sarcastic crash diet, but thanx anyway.

get a 535q its $110 bucks. you can set the settings pretty much like a rack. Its a Multi wah wah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats the one i have for more than a year, i just wanted to know what slash used not so i can get it, just out of curiosity.

and the last message i posted in this thread was sarcastic crash diet, but thanx anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my bad