Metallica does suck

insomniac

Metallica Does not suck....

Metallica is great

Cliff Burton was great

Lars drums kick's all GNR drummers ASS (maybe not Brain's)

and Well Kirk's abilities are great... as James...

The one who says metallica sucks is because of the last discs..., or maybe because his tastes are different..., but personally I think that metallica is great... and during a very big period of the 90's i listened to Metallica much more than GNR.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Guns-N-Roses, but lets be serious here for a moment. Have you listened to: Kill Em' All, Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning, And Justice For All & even the Black self titled album? These albums are anywhere from good to excellent. It is not that there are "some good songs". There are many really good songs on these albums. Listen to how melodic and raw Kill Em' All is. Every song on that album just kicks ass. What about Master Of Puppets? Listen to it! Metallica has some GREAT music. LOAD and beyond get progressively worse. But that never changes what they have done. Because they have changed over time due to fame, money and all those evils associated with what they did, does not change what happened in those magic moments in time. The band has long since succumed to corruption and arrogance. But they were GREAT....

guns n roses

metallica

velvet revolver

ac/dc

All fuckin rock stop bitching and moaning about shit appreciate all there music cos all bands have wrote some great and some shit stuff no and writes all great shit

fuckin enjoy the music have a drink stop bitching like bunch of girls

Rock n Roll

Metallca hasn't had a good album since Justice.

BOB ROCK KILLS BANDS. He killed The Cult, and he SLOOOOOWLY killed Metallica. The Black Album sucked and anything after that is "Hi, We're Metallica, and boy we did we lose the plot!"

Velvet Revolver? Like good pizza the morning after. Still has a remnant of taste, but only satiates the hunger so much.

AC/DC? There's a legacy there. They've run their course, and Brian's voice is shot, but I won't say go away. The Stones have to do that first.

Metallica lost the plot so much, they don't know where to end, let alone start over. There's a good band that royally screwed up. They're FUBAR'd.

Face it, go find some good new bands and follow them. Want a hint? MASTADON.

Metallica Does not suck....

Metallica is great

Cliff Burton was great

Lars drums kick's all GNR drummers ASS (maybe not Brain's)

and Well Kirk's abilities are great... as James...

The one who says metallica sucks is because of the last discs..., or maybe because his tastes are different..., but personally I think that metallica is great... and during a very big period of the 90's i listened to Metallica much more than GNR.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you kidding me? lars ulrich is possibly one of the worst drummers in existence, and he's earned that title through his performances on st. anger, and ...and justice for all and all the other albums for that matter

nick menza owns him, as does whoever is in trivium

edit, i forgot we were talking about gnr drummers here, yeah hes probably only a little worse than sorum, who sucks as well, and better than steven, but hes not even close to brain

Edited by JezusDontSurf

here's the thing-

axl (and i'm sure the rest of guns, too) was a fan of mettallica, really wanted to tour with them, and obviously there was some friction

and axl being axl - not one to keep things all pent up inside- let it all hang out

i don't doubt that what axl said was true. maybe he thought james hetfield was a racist (which is rich coming from the dude who wrote and sang one in a million) and that lars was his bitch...... axl could think they're dicks and still appreciate the music they create. i'm don't need to believe that everyone who made music i love is a saint and a wonderful person to hang around. i have a feeling most huge rock stars are hard to get along with if you have to deal with them on a daily basis. just like co- workers, you have people that piss you off.

Metallica - sold out years ago, and have been on decline ever since!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey chief. people said they sold out with "lightning", then they said they sold out with "puppets", then "justice", then the self titled one, then load and reload. so unless you were old enough to get kill em' all back when it was released in '83, you should probably go ahead and shut up, less you look like an idiot.

1 bad album- st. anger (and still the best album of the year, not saying much though)

but it's still better than TSI

The funny thing about that Axl rant is that he actually gets boo'd by a portion of the crowd who clearly like Metallica.

I myself never saw much in Metallica. They were alright, but not great. Certainly had a following though.

It's really ironic that Axl was at first a big Matallica fan even before Gun's took off, and then fell out with them, the same way he was a big Nirvana fan before falling out with Kurt. Don't get me wrong, I think both Kurt and James acted like total ass wipes to Axl and sort of deserved his wrath. On the other hand, Axl in general, was no angel either, and there are few who really know for sure how either of those two conflicts truely started.

was just listening to the axl rant from sacromento 93.. where he goes off on metallica....... he is so right those guys suck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although you do give on reason why you think Metallica sucks in your opinion, I think that the argument simply does not cut it. Basing your opinion on somebody else's rant is simply not enough.

have you ever seen them (metallica) live?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Listening to the band'S CD's, the videos and having seen them live is a good way to know if you tryly like the band or not. In my case I always thaught Metallica was ok. I don't have all their albums. I have seen them live and this is where I decided that they are a great band. They play really well live (they play even better when band members don't get burned by fireworks during the concert... was at the 1992 concert where a band member got burned and the concert had to stop... but that was ajust an unfortunate incident).

METALLICA SUCK A DICK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the perfect exacmple of a really dumb comment.

was just listening to the axl rant from sacromento 93.. where he goes off on metallica....... he is so right those guys suck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although you do give on reason why you think Metallica sucks in your opinion, I think that the argument simply does not cut it. Basing your opinion on somebody else's rant is simply not enough.

have you ever seen them (metallica) live?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Listening to the band'S CD's, the videos and having seen them live is a good way to know if you tryly like the band or not. In my case I always thaught Metallica was ok. I don't have all their albums. I have seen them live and this is where I decided that they are a great band. They play really well live (they play even better when band members don't get burned by fireworks during the concert... was at the 1992 concert where a band member got burned and the concert had to stop... but that was ajust an unfortunate incident).

METALLICA SUCK A DICK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the perfect exacmple of a really dumb comment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa, Eric, were you at the concert when James got burned??