Metallica does suck

insomniac

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

METALLICA SUCK A DICK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the perfect exacmple of a really dumb comment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The main problem is the conception people have that "If Axl said it, It must be right!!!ONEONE!!LOL"

People have to learn to make their own opinions about music, not base them around the gospel of Axl Rose.

Metallica rock. rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bingo!! You are one intelligent being highvoltageacdc you get my life long praise

Guest swwet_child
AXL:  "I'm a big Metallica fanatic"

I bet some people will change their mind after seeing this quote!!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::lol:

Great post!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...i know!!! B) :lol:

Metallica is the best example of a band that ran out of creative force as time went on that I can think of. I can't think of the last good Metallica song written by Metallica.... maybe Ain't My Bitch. Fuel wasn't terrible, neither was Better than You. I can't find a single redeeming quality about St. Anger. I feel like S+M was a big stalling technique. Garage, Inc. too, but it wasn't very good. Then, I see some reality TV documentary in which Lars tells James "I don't want to create music with you anymore." Cry me a river!! I saw them live in Anchorage and they acted like they didn't want to be here. That concert is the second worst of any big band I've gone to see. They are tired, out of creativity, marginally talented and getting worse.

BTW, I could care less what Axl thinks of them.

I love Metallica, they're currently my favorite band, and I think they're way better than GNR for these reasons, they still put out albums, they make better music, they constantly tour, it doesn't take 10+ years to make one album, and they care about their fans. And because of people like insomniac, I'm sometimes ashamed to be a GNR fan, because it seems most of them can't make their own opinions, but instead they try to be like Axl and relate to him by hating everything he does. For God's sake people, go out and get a life, instead of doing everything you can to be like Axl, because it won't happen.

I love Metallica, they're currently my favorite band, and I think they're way better than GNR for these reasons, they still put out albums, they make better music, they constantly tour, it doesn't take 10+ years to make one album, and they care about their fans. And because of people like insomniac, I'm sometimes ashamed to be a GNR fan, because it seems most of them can't make their own opinions, but instead they try to be like Axl and relate to him by hating everything he does. For God's sake people, go out and get a life, instead of doing everything you can to be like Axl, because it won't happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You forgot that they DIED in 1990, after selling their asses to MTV. Still making music eh? listen ST. Anger, what a piece of SHIT.

Metallica = 80s

Guest Twisted Metal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well said Jochen. You rock rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You forgot that they DIED in 1990, after selling their asses to MTV. Still making music eh? listen ST. Anger, what a piece of SHIT.

Metallica = 80s

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AHAHAHAHA!

Ah, incase you haven't noticed GN'R sold out almost as soon as they were formed. Infact, GN'R completely sold out so much they they made what the public wanted to hear, which were ballads, thats how UYI came along. AFD was their only true album, while UYI I and II are good, they are complete sell out albums.

Metallica didnt sell out, they had a geniune change in style, is their anything wrong with that? No, Hetfield just wrote music that was true to himself, and if that means writing softer music then so be it, at least he was writing what he wanted. The first album Metallica ever sold out on was St. Anger, because they didnt write it for themselves, they wrote what people wanted to hear, and thereofre it was crap because their hearts wern't in it from the begining.

Metallica are not only 80's, they are 90's too.

Face it, Metallica were and still are bigger than GN'R ever hoped to be.

was just listening to the axl rant from sacromento 93.. where he goes off on metallica....... he is so right those guys suck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you have to be kidding...

Metallica is the best or one of the best well i think anyways, Axl is just an idiot for saying that no offense to him just he needs to shut up and start finshing off this god damn album

well lets see...

Metallica ruled the 80's with there Music from Hetfield to Ulrich one by one Metallica got along and still do that right there proves they are better than Guns N Roses...Metallica are my favourite band and will all ways remain like that no matter what even on this GNR forum..still Metallicas Album's are better and at lease they haven't taken over 10 years to release an Album

Metallica didnt sell out, they had a geniune change in style, is their anything wrong with that? No, Hetfield just wrote music that was true to himself, and if that means writing softer music then so be it, at least he was writing what he wanted.  The first album Metallica ever sold out on was St. Anger, because they didnt write it for themselves, they wrote what people wanted to hear, and thereofre it was crap because their hearts wern't in it from the begining.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said. I find it hard to believe so many people hate the black album plus reload + and load. Reload maybe be abit crappy, but load and black ablum are both quality albums. Infact Load is what got me into metallica :|

Its true though, if anything metallica sold out when they released St Anger. It was a nu metal cd with guitars tuned down to "C" to make it sound original. Plus they made the movie "Some kind of monster" which although is great to watch, makes them sell out :P

Metallica didnt sell out, they had a geniune change in style, is their anything wrong with that? No, Hetfield just wrote music that was true to himself, and if that means writing softer music then so be it, at least he was writing what he wanted.  The first album Metallica ever sold out on was St. Anger, because they didnt write it for themselves, they wrote what people wanted to hear, and thereofre it was crap because their hearts wern't in it from the begining.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said. I find it hard to believe so many people hate the black album plus reload + and load. Reload maybe be abit crappy, but load and black ablum are both quality albums. Infact Load is what got me into metallica :|

Its true though, if anything metallica sold out when they released St Anger. It was a nu metal cd with guitars tuned down to "C" to make it sound original. Plus they made the movie "Some kind of monster" which although is great to watch, makes them sell out :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah its also a great song LOL but Nothing Else Matters Owns It same with Master Of Puppets

Guest Twisted Metal
well lets see...

Metallica ruled the 80's with there Music from Hetfield to Ulrich one by one Metallica got along and still do that right there proves they are better than Guns N Roses...Metallica are my favourite band and will all ways remain like that no matter what even on this GNR forum..still Metallicas Album's are better and at lease they haven't taken over 10 years to release an Album

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, to some people, Ulrich or Hetfield or whichever member of the band may appear as assholes to some people. To me, I could carless about their personalities. Whether they are dickheads or not, they make the best godamn music on the planet. Like, I see Axl as a huge asshole, but that doesnt really matter because its all about the music. So you shouldn't diclike a band because you see one member as a dichead or something. Metallica FUCKIN OWNS! rock1