White Stripes

Mama Kin

Seen them live. Big fan of them. They put on one hell of a show. I can see why they don't appeal to everyone, put I like them.

I'm scarred for life after standing next to a drunk skinhead from yorkshire who was constantly yelling out "Play 'otel yoouba ya daft bastard!". Ahh the memories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a lovely story.

I'm not a fan myself, but I can respect them and see where their talent comes from. As someone's already mentioned, it's the simplicity that makes it. Like Baddiel and Skinner, they just work.

Anyone who simply says "They r shit" has some serious problems.

Edited by Genesis

Eh. I did like them, then I saw them live and really went off them. I knew they were nothing special from the start but I realised just how mediocre they were live.

It was an ok show, Jack used a wide variety of instruments which is always nice and pretty rare these days but Meg was awful. She can't drum. At all. She just sits there and occasionally bangs the drums. I could do what she did, probably better infact.

I don't really feel 'Get Behind Me Satan', it's something a bit different and you gotta like that, but none of the songs really stand out for me. I think as time goes by I'll like them less and less.

There brother and sister :huh:

I thought they were maried :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were right. They pretended to be siblings initially, but it turned out they were a divorced couple.

And they're awesome. One of the (very) few decent rock acts to materialize in the last ten years.

Edited by Angelica