Audioslave

oneAXLinamillion

They're an average band, that is nowhere near their ''relatives'': Rage Against The Machine, and especially Soundgarden.

The things that could've made them very good are actually their worst flaws, in my opinion: Tom Morello and Chris Cornell.

Morello's guitar playing seems inadequate (it doesn't fit) with most of the songs (for example, I hate his solo in Be Yourself - he almost ruins a good song).

As for Chris Cornell: his voice is not the same, and although it's still listenable, he is far from his best days; not only that, but his lyrics sound just like an update from his days in SG (no innovation or originality in sight) - and the worst thing is that now they don't seem genuine, at least to me.

Still, they're okay, and they are much better than most of the bands out there.

Just my opinion.

first album is good in a led zepplin by numbers way.

seconsd album is hilariously bad, wet steak head crap, one of the solo's is a scale played note by note.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Listen to the second album again

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no.

id rather sit on a bed of dicks than listen to them get into touch with their emotions while cornell does yoga offstage during the ratm covers.

VR and Audioslave best 2 rock bands out there right now IMO. Because of AS I've also gotten into Soundgarden and RATM and both are pretty kick ass. Especially Rage I never thought I would like because I hate overly political music and I hate rap/hip hop. But Rage's debut and Battle of Los Angeles are absolutely killer. Can't stop listening to it...

I think they've just matured and that raw anger and confusion that people have throughout their 20's/early 30's is resolved. I think they've just come to terms with life and are just generally not as angry as they were. That comes through in the music.

Also, most of them have families now so it's important to ensure that at least some of their songs are radio-friendly to earn some cash to support their new lifestyle.

By itself, I think Audioslave is pretty average. I think Cornell rules, but if I feel like listening to him, I'll put Superunknown in my CD player.

Am i the only one who thinks Cornell cant sing live. I think morello is a mordern day god on guitar, but chris live is exceptionally bad. When i heard them do killing in the name of at live 8 it was pathetic !

Their 2nd album is not very good, acouple of good songs(doesnt remind me, be yourself, your time has come) but the rest is better to be thrown out into the dustbin of music :P

BTW please dont turn this into a VR vs Audioslave thread.

Am i the only one who thinks Cornell cant sing live. I think morello is a mordern day god on guitar, but chris live is exceptionally bad. When i heard them do killing in the name of at live 8 it was pathetic !

Their 2nd album is not very good, acouple of good songs(doesnt remind me, be yourself, your time has come) but the rest is better to be thrown out into the dustbin of music :P

BTW please dont turn this into a VR vs Audioslave thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cornell definitely had an off day(massive understatement) at Live 8, but that was only 1 show. I don't know if he was sick or what but it was bad. But that's not the norm, he's a great vocalist, easily one of the best in rock....

I love Audioslave, I have both their albums. I prefer their second album because their first, while very good, has a pretty weak second half. Out of Exile is much more consistent IMO. I do love what I heard from their previous bands but I much prefer Cornell as a vocalist to de la Rocha, whose delivery is definitely heartfelt but can be a little obnoxious. Still, if I saw Audioslave live I wouldn't want to hear Cornell try and do Killing In The Name or Guerilla Radio. I wont say I prefer Audioslave since I only have one album from Soundgarden and RATM but Audioslave is definitey one of the best bands out right now,