Cream

swlabr

I'm sure I've made quite a few Cream threads in my day but I think that a lot of people on this forum don't give them the respect they deserve. They are one of the - if not the best Rock Supergroups ever (yes better than VR). Cream consists of Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and the legendary Eric Clapton (everyone in Cream is a legend - imo). They are just balls to the wall, Blues-Rock. They have made the ever so classic songs such as "White Room" and "Sunshine of Your Love". What makes them great to me, is Clapton's bluesy yet hard rock guitar playing mixed with soft and calm voice of Jack Bruce. Ginger Baker was a great drummer for his time. Very unique drumming abilities. Listen to the song "SWLABR". The song is very chill and bluesy; the Cream basics. But Baker's drumming is :o

I am making this thread so that people of MyGNR can be more aware of this band, as they are one of the most influential rock bands of their time, and still now! Use this thread to show our appreciation and respects for these Rock Legend ;)

Jack Bruce :

JAN015_CREAM_P.JPG

Eric Clapton :

DPA002_Eric_CLAPTON_P.JPG

Ginger Baker :

JAN019_CREAM_P.JPG

Sorry for the pics sizes <_<

I am more aware of Cream that I even want to. My father is a huge fan of Cream, ever since when I was little Cream has always been around me. White Room is a great tune and they all were fucking talented musicians!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah! I remember you mentioning that one time. Patience 4 Axl, they might take a but more to get into (since their genre varies a lot) but they make good stuff. I think I prefer Clapton in his Cream days. That was him in his prime rock4

I fucking love Cream. I personally thought Eric's best stuff was with his colab with Derek & The Dominos, but Cream is a second to me, and then his solo stuff. Cream produced some great songs, and everybody was cool, I agree and think that they are underrated by most people too.

Cream is amazing, i don't think they are too underrated in England and Australia, but in the US i reakon they are grossly underrated (which is sadly the case with many legendary British bands)

They were the first proper supergroup and power-trio, and one of the best of all time.

They were bursting at the seams with talent, they have some of the greatest music of the 60's under their belt.

And their live shows were absolute class!

Cream is amazing, i don't think they are too underrated in England and Australia, but in the US i reakon they are grossly underrated (which is sadly the case with many legendary British bands)

They were the first proper supergroup and power-trio, and one of the best of all time.

They were bursting at the seams with talent, they have some of the greatest music of the 60's under their belt.

And their live shows were absolute class!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. Not many "young rockers" in my area know of them. They are too much into the new scene. I believe that they have to learn about the foundations of RnR. Elvis, Buddy Guy, The Beatles and Cream of course (I'm sure I didn't mention a few notable people). I totally agree with every word in your post. I haven't heard their live stuff a lot except for some live CD they came out with (that has shitty quality, btw) and the second part to "Wheels of Fire" and the 1st three songs in "Goodbye".

Edited by S W L A B R 7

aint heard to much of em

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to rag on you, but I think you should listen to them (everyone should). I see that you're into punk and stuff. Cream has nothing to do with punk, since they stuck to the more bluesy stuff. But I'm sure if it wasn't for them, being a very influential band, we wouldn't have a lot of these bands out now.

Listen to this song. It's not YSI or anything, but it'll open WMP. This song is called SWLABR.If you wanna listen to more Cream, click Here.

People.. click this link! :)