Help choosing a Acoustic Guitar

Well, currently I'm taking a guitar class in school and we're learning how to play "Flamenco" style. Since I don't have a guitar at home, I wanna buy one to practice. What acoustic guitar packages (Gig Bag, Tuners, etc), can you guys suggest? Also, would buying a normal Acoustic, affect the way I'm learning, Flamenco? Or would I have to buy a guitar specifically for Flamenco style? :unsure: Thanks guys, I reall appreciate it.

hey mate,

Well acoustic guitars mostly have Steel/Nickel strings, now from what i heard you dont use them for Flamenco.

For Flamenco they use classical guitars, which have Nylon strings, a wider and flat fretboard too.

Don't hold me on that, i'm pretty sure thats right though.

Edited by johnezz

hey mate,

Well acoustic guitars mostly have Steel/Nickel strings, now from what i heard you dont use them for Flamenco.

For Flamenco they use classical guitars, which have Nylon strings, a wider and flat fretboard too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In class we use guitars that 3 strings are Steel and the rest are nylon :unsure: Sorry if I seem clueless about guitars. I don't know much <_<

The "classical" guitars I've seen are WAY to expensive for me. I'll ask my professor about it. But at the moment I think I could use the help from the people of MyGnr. Thanks though ;)

hey mate,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In class we use guitars that 3 strings are Steel and the rest are nylon :unsure: Sorry if I seem clueless about guitars. I don't know much <_<

The "classical" guitars I've seen are WAY to expensive for me. I'll ask my professor about it. But at the moment I think I could use the help from the people of MyGnr. Thanks though ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you'll want a classical. The strings on a classical are all nylon, the three bass strings have a nylon core, but are then wound with various metals. As far as beginner's packs, I know that Ibanez and Yamaha make some. I've never played any of them, so I can't tell you anything about their quality. But if you ever have a chance to run down to a guitar shop, you should try some out.

hey mate,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they don't keep that many (cheap) classical guitars at most guitar stores. as much as i hate ebay, it might be your best bet. regardless, i would get a alvarez or takamine since price is an issue, you get plenty of bang for your buck with those companies.