Fun Lovin Criminals

toffeegirl

I went along to a FLC gig last night, because Mr Toffs really likes them. I've never been overly fussed, but This gig was totally suprising, because:

1- Huey is a really good guitarist. Much better than a lot I've seen. He had some fab guitars too. I was well impressed.

2 - Not only can the FLC's play their instrument while smoking fags like Slash, they actually light em up too - they don't get a roadie to bring em out already smokin. It was just like they were playing in my living room or something - they'd stop, light up a fag, have a little chat...

3 - Fast is really fit, and they all looked pretty sharp in suits and stuff. Cool :shades:

4 - I got properly battered in a mosh pit!! At a FLC gig! I've survived pits at VR, Greenday, Hanoi Rocks, all kinds - but I got twatted in the face by some big bugger who was built like a brick shithouse! And then he got out a hip flask and offered me some! The crowd were mental.. I even nearly got into a fight with some brassy mancunian cow, but my scouse accent scared her off :P Really, they were crazy.

All in all though, I was really impressed, they were cool. Check em out if you get a chance.

Edited by toffeegirl

my mate chris went to that, he got to meet huey and shake his hand which has been a life long ambition. im very jealous because huey is the man and ive been an FLC fan for yeeeeeeeeears.

where was it? i was around town in the shithole of godless filth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was in the Manchester Academy. I'd deffo go and see em again. Yeah Huey is the man, he had an eye patch on and I still wanted to shag him. Half my patients have eyepatches, and I don't want to shag them..

they were the first band i saw live on the come find yourself tour - great album and a really chilled out affair - lots of people swaying and nursing manhattens. infact i think the new album is a good return to form - mi corazon is a good tune, much more back like the older stuff rising out of all that similar sounding stuff they did. each album has a couple of little crackers on though - coney island girl, mini bar blues.

love that shit me