iS THIS THING SCREWED UP AGAIN?

warchild

Do you two have AOL?  If so, that's most likely what's screwing things up.

***Off topic***

Do they have AOL in other countries?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do anyways...dunno about Warchild... :unsure:

So how do you fix it???

ARQ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AOL caps upload bandwidth. Lots of posts may meet their preset quota for you over a period of time. I don't know the ratio, but if you sit on the forum and upload post after post that ratio climbs until the limit is reached and you can't upload anymore until a certain amount of time has expired. All ISPs cap upload bandwidth, but AOL actually assigns a quota to each user logged into their servers.

Another point (and the mods can maybe give us a hint on this) This board has what they call "flood control" which essentially limits how many posts you can make over a period of time (one every 80 seconds, I think). I think the server is putting a quota on uploaded traffic from the internet on folders (that's why you can post to one and not the other, if everyone else is trying to post there too). It's normal. You just have to wait....

Do you two have AOL?  If so, that's most likely what's screwing things up.

***Off topic***

Do they have AOL in other countries?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do anyways...dunno about Warchild... :unsure:

So how do you fix it???

ARQ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AOL caps upload bandwidth. Lots of posts may meet their preset quota for you over a period of time. I don't know the ratio, but if you sit on the forum and upload post after post that ratio climbs until the limit is reached and you can't upload anymore until a certain amount of time has expired. All ISPs cap upload bandwidth, but AOL actually assigns a quota to each user logged into their servers.

Another point (and the mods can maybe give us a hint on this) This board has what they call "flood control" which essentially limits how many posts you can make over a period of time (one every 80 seconds, I think). I think the server is putting a quota on uploaded traffic from the internet on folders (that's why you can post to one and not the other, if everyone else is trying to post there too). It's normal. You just have to wait....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, I can post fine and start threads...but it's just in the Use Your Illusion section that I can't start new threads, even though I can reply to existing ones

Like I said, I dunno if that's the same problem as Warchild's having

ARQ

Warchild and Axls Rocket Queen,

I don't think this is a Forum related issue. It could be a AOL issue, but if that was the case, much more members would have the exact same problem. I need to test it and see this for myself.

What you should first try doing is follow the instrustions to RESET FORUM ON YOUR COMPUTER (delete yoru cookies). This will most likely solve the issue.

Should the problem persist. What I propose you both do is:

1. Change your password to something else

2. PM the Forums where you are having trouble posting and the password so I can "test" your account with my ISP (not AOL)

3. Once the test is over you can change your password to something else or your old password.