Led Zeppelin

Guest +*Michelle*+

Guest +*Michelle*+

Hey I apsolutely LOOOOVE zeppelin, one of the best bands ever!!! :heart: So are there any other zep fans here?

ps. not quite sure if there's already a zeppelin thread...meh :blink:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest +*Michelle*+

Yeah, zeppelin are a major influence to many, MANY bands. :shades: Robert Plant has such a amazing voice, and Jimmy's one of the best guitarists of our time!! Just such a fan-f*ckin-tastic band!! :lol::wub:

Guest +*Michelle*+
ps. not quite sure if there's already a zeppelin thread...meh  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are a....few :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehe I thought so..I'm still a tiny bit confuzzled with this forum, I'm not quite new, came here a while ago, just haven't posted alot lol. :P

Guest +*Michelle*+

hell yes!!! :D has anyone seen 'em live? God I wish I was born in the 60's, would've got a chance to see them at their best! Then again how old would that make me now!?! :blink::lol:

I love Led Zeppelin. I have the The Song Remains The Same DVD and it's my favourite concert. From the concert, I think Dazed And Confused was the best track, because of the bow part - Yeah!

I also have the Led Zeppelin IV album, and I plan to get some more soon. My favourite songs are

Living Loving Maid

Stairway To Heaven

Rock And Roll

Black Dog

Immigrant Song

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

The Song Remains The Same (Live)

Dazed And Confused (Live)

Whole Lotta Love (Live)

D'yer Mak'er

Misty Mountain Hop

Moby Dick

All My Love

Great band, want to get more into them.

Forgot to say ... The lineup is great. Jimmy Page is in my top 3 of best guitarists ever. John Bonham is my favourite drummer next to Keith Moon. Robert Plant is one of my favourite singers. And John Paul Jones added a special sound.

Does someone else find them pretty similiar to The Who, in a way? They were both pioneers of hard rock, and both The Who and Led Zeppelin had some of the best lineups ever for any band.

Forgot to say ... The lineup is great. Jimmy Page is in my top 3 of best guitarists ever. John Bonham is my favourite drummer next to Keith Moon. Robert Plant is one of my favourite singers. And John Paul Jones added a special sound.

Does someone else find them pretty similiar to The Who, in a way? They were both pioneers of hard rock, and both The Who and Led Zeppelin had some of the best lineups ever for any band.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite recently I found out that Jimmy Page was asked to join The Who but he rejected the offer.

Guest gnr>everything
The Who fucking rock.

John Entwhistle > John Paul Jones

Keith Moon = John Bonham

Pete Townshend < Jimmy Page

Roger Daltrey = Robert Plant

You see what I mean?

Though I like Roger Daltrey a bit more, but universally they're considered equal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but Pete Townshend <<<<<<< Jimmy Page

or

Pete Townshend < Jimmy Page

Edited by gnr>everything

Probably the best hard rock band of all time (and that doesn't mean every other hard rock band sucks)!!

I saw Page/Plant in 1996 or 1997. Not the original lineup of course. But it was great. Just seeing Jimmy Page playing that guitar with a smoke hanging from his lips, I'll never forget it.

Probably the best hard rock band of all time (and that doesn't mean every other hard rock band sucks)!!

I saw Page/Plant in 1996 or 1997.  Not the original lineup of course.  But it was great.  Just seeing Jimmy Page playing that guitar with a smoke hanging from his lips, I'll never forget it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah that's a pretty iconic image.

JP_Knebworth_UK_NP_4_aug_1979_smoke-01.jpg