Poison

Mama Kin

I admit that Poison are not the best Rock band ever but they are nowhere near the worst either. They have done some really great songs and i can easily listen to them on a regular basis. I was wondering what other people thought of them and why so many think they are not that good

I actually think they are overrated considering they had a decent amount of success back in the day. Just another lightweight hairband, IMO...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i suppose back in the day maybe but nowadays i dont think they have much respect in the younger generation of Rock fans

Poison took a lot of pointers from Van Halen(not the girly makeup stuff).  But they were OK, and put on a good show.  And I'll give them props for playing their own instruments, unlike rap artists.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The beats just don't create themselves. Someone has to make them. I think that's like saying someone who plays electric guitar isn't a real musician because his amp is actually making the noise.

Most of their singles are good but the other stuff on their albums is not as good. CC has played some horrible solos, though I think he shouldn't get bashed all the time, he made a few decent ones and I love his playing on I Won't Forget You. I only have their latest and that one was kinda awful, but I'm sure their early stuff is better.

• 3 months later...
Hey, those chicks are kinda h... D'oh!

I can understand they've got talent, and look pretty cool on stage. I should check them out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They aren't as good as the other stuff you listen to. They are good...for a hair metal band, which isn't saying a whole lot. Some of their songs are fun (I would check those out) but I think buying an entire album would be a letdown compared to the awesome music you're a fan of.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, those chicks are kinda h... D'oh!

I can understand they've got talent, and look pretty cool on stage. I should check them out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They aren't as good as the other stuff you listen to. They are good...for a hair metal band, which isn't saying a whole lot. Some of their songs are fun (I would check those out) but I think buying an entire album would be a letdown compared to the awesome music you're a fan of.

two words:Greatest Hits :krider:

Poison, Warrent, Winger, Trixter, Bon Jovi, Extreme, Etc...... These bands represent a very sad state of American music. It is no wonder music went alternative. Thank god for the UK and bands like Maiden, Priest, Merciful Fate, Sabbath, Rainbow, etc.... One of the only respectable metal bands was Queensryche. They are about to release Operation Mindcrime II. There are guest vocals throughout the album by Dio. This might be interesting although I think Mindcrime will be impossible to top.

Poison, Warrent, Winger, Trixter, Bon Jovi, Extreme, Etc...... These bands represent a very sad state of American music. It is no wonder music went alternative. Thank god for the UK and bands like Maiden, Priest, Merciful Fate, Sabbath, Rainbow, etc.... One of the only respectable metal bands was Queensryche. They are about to release Operation Mindcrime II. There are guest vocals throughout the album by Dio. This might be interesting although I think Mindcrime will be impossible to top.

EXTREME ARE A SAD STATE OF MUSIC?! FUCK OFF ! :fuckyou: