lawrence for moderator

lawrence

Oh - did I forget to mention? Anyone who formally asks to be a mod is immediately removed from the list of potential mods. Did I forget to mention that criteria? :P

*Thinks to self: There, that should stop more people from starting threads like this one. ;) *

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh - did I forget to mention?  Anyone who formally asks to be a mod is immediately removed from the list of potential mods.  Did I forget to mention that criteria?    :P 

*Thinks to self:  There, that should stop more people from starting threads like this one.  ;) *

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just been saying something along the same lines....

aussie_axl really should be a mod, but then people would say i only got the job because i'm bangin madison, and thats just not fair.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's right Aussie. No matter how gooooood you are ;) - it has no impact on decisions regarding mods. Just thought you should know. :book:

You know, let's give this guy some credit. Lawrence isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's got some good points about topics that roll through here. I haven't been here for that long but what I have read shows clearly that he doesn't just blindly agree with everyone to up his post count. This was yesterday about hypothetical reception of the new album:

I think the forum will totally take off with incredible threads and debates once the album is released.  Everybody will discuss the songs, their interpretation of the lyrics, the sound, the interviews Axl gives, the concerts, etc. It will be awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the thing i wanna know is, will everyone say it good, even if it aint,

i think people will,

i think they'll be gutted if it aint up to scratch,

i also think if someone says it aint that good, they will be persecuted & victimised here,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sad part is, not many people took that seriously, and its a good point. Should we all ask ourselves this question? Could we by hyping ourselves up too much sometimes? I am eagerly in anticipaton of the new album, but after reading this, I am reminded of how foolish I would feel to be heartbroken over a new CD. And I realize this is not a question we may want to be asking ourselves; sometimes its uncomfortable to second guess ourselves like that.

so i have no knowledge on gnr, :lol:

i do promote free speech,

no one here follows the rules, its just the people who aren't liked that get pulled or warned for it,

i remember sticking up for this site & one of the moderators elsewere, ( i suppose people have short memorys)

doesn't anyone indicate there may be a hint of sarcasm in the thread title,

ps. i dont kiss ass for anyone,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think lawrence has a dry sense of humor, and this proves it. Many people don't get that. But it sure is funny (at least to me) to watch all the ensuing chaos that came from that thread. I'm sure lawrence got a big kick out of it. I know I did. The best part was, he didn't even have to prove all his points he made there, since everyone else did a splendid job of that in the preceding posts.

Lawrence, you're different. And I don't necessarily agree with everything you say. And you're a horrible speller. :D But it's good to have you around. And you're a great reality check for this place. I appreciate people who fuck with other people's sense of control for the hell of it. You are using these other people's illusions for your own gag reel, and I love it. You got my vote! 143.gif

Yes but there is a loop hole there Madison, you said anybody who " formaly asks " is not considered, but Lawrence did not formaly ask you or Eric to be mod he just asked what the forum thought and im pretty sure that will hold up in a court of law B)

GOAB runs to check and see if he formaly asked............................. NO i just stated i wanted to be a mod in jest but i did not formaly submit my application.

Im sure iv'e got you this time Madison but you may be able to dispute this fact :lol: