waaaaaaah wah wah wah wah

and she looks wild

wah

wild

wah

wild

Are you ready for the new sensation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder how many people got that. I heard Diamond Daves guitarist could hit that for shit on his last tour.

Steve Vai is proven to be the fastest guitarist ever. he holds the world record for most notes per second. but hendrix is still the best. shredding isnt everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure about that? I've read in a guitar magazine (can't remember the name) that Michael Angel Batio was proven to be the fastest.. I dunno :question:

EDIT: Although to you Hendrix may be the best, he honestly wasn't that technically proficient as many guitarists have developed through the years...

Edited by kevin

Steve Vai is proven to be the fastest guitarist ever. he holds the world record for most notes per second. but hendrix is still the best. shredding isnt everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure about that? I've read in a guitar magazine (can't remember the name) that Michael Angel Batio was proven to be the fastest.. I dunno :question:

EDIT: Although to you Hendrix may be the best, he honestly wasn't that technically proficient as many guitarists have developed through the years...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dunno i heard that a while ago so it might have changed but i would not be surprised if he did have the record.

and ya hendrix could play alot of technical stuff he just never did it in his albums. listen to the live version of voodoo child. in the solo he sweep picks and taps like a moo. he does it in machine gun too. i guess he just didnt like doing it that much though

sorry bro, hendrix died in what, 70, 71? Eddie van Halen (or yngwie depending on who you believe) invented tapping, the vh1 album came out in 1979, hendrix didnt tap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uhhhh ur a fucking retard for saying van halen or yngwie invented tapping. tapping was invented by bo diddley way before their times. yngwie and eddie were just the first to tap in almost all of there songs

sorry bro, hendrix died in what, 70, 71? Eddie van Halen (or yngwie depending on who you believe) invented tapping, the vh1 album came out in 1979, hendrix didnt tap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uhhhh ur a fucking retard for saying van halen or yngwie invented tapping. tapping was invented by bo diddley way before their times. yngwie and eddie were just the first to tap in almost all of there songs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah EVH didn't invent it.. He made it more mainstream, and really built upon it..

And ringo im going to try to make my friend get the live voodoo chile for me, I wanna hear this :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah EVH didn't invent it.. He made it more mainstream, and really built upon it..

And ringo im going to try to make my friend get the live voodoo chile for me, I wanna hear this :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya listen to it its insane. theres a part were he tapps with all four of his fingers at the same time and it sounds very cool. im not sure if its on an album though i think it might be a bootleg since i downloaded it. but thatd be cool if u could hear it

At any rate, check this out, Satch:

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0F90FZV...PW2V0XL1O3LNGEB

Listen to around 1:05... fucking ace.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya i love joe satriani. he taught steve vai everything he knows

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bullshit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no i seriously heard that in a biography. steve was one of his first students and he also taught kirk hamett and some other people who i forget

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bullshit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no i seriously heard that in a biography. steve was one of his first students and he also taught kirk hamett and some other people who i forget

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At first steve was his student..think they went to the same high school...but after playing for a while they where at the same level and played together teaching each other...All I meant was that saying he thaugh Vai everything he knows is overexaggurating it a bit..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bullshit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At first steve was his student..think they went to the same high school...but after playing for a while they where at the same level and played together teaching each other...All I meant was that saying he thaugh Vai everything he knows is overexaggurating it a bit..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

o well i was just saying what i read cuz thats how they made it sound but whatever its still cool

Bullshit

Yeah

Satch taught Steve Vai how to play the guitar when he was 13 and satch was 15... vai showed up and satches doorstep and he didn't even know how to string a guitar.

Although Satch did teach Vai alot of the tricks of the trade for guitar playing, (you can hear some of satch's techniques in vai's playing), I must also say that Vai still has teh edge over Satch. Vai progressed farther than Satch did in his playing.

Edited by Forsaken

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If i recall correctly they were the first to do it with both hands, There isnt such a thing as one handed tapping (technically I guess you could though) the one handed he's eluding to is called legato. Fucking retard.

Although Satch did teach Vai alot of the tricks of the trade for guitar playing, (you can hear some of satch's techniques in vai's playing), I must also say that Vai still has teh edge over Satch. Vai progressed farther than Satch did in his playing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, I guess you'd have to expand beyond conventional boundaries of guitar playing to keep up with Frank Zappa.