No Direction Home

Rumin

You may have already seen the bootleg CD or DVD in stores, but tonight on PBS, "Bob Dylan: No Direction Home" will be on. It sounds like a great documentary, and it's about Dylan, so it's definately worht a watch. Just a reminder for those of you into great music.

I watched it yesterday on BBC 2.  It was quite funny how he winded up journalists.

"How many other American protest artist like you are there?"

"136"

"You mean exactly 136 or approximately"

"Either 136 or 142"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That part was awesome! You should read the book "Younger Than That Now". It's a collection of interviews where Bob Dylan says a ton of things that will make you laugh out loud.

I watched it yesterday on BBC 2.  It was quite funny how he winded up journalists.

"136"

"Either 136 or 142"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That part was awesome! You should read the book "Younger Than That Now". It's a collection of interviews where Bob Dylan says a ton of things that will make you laugh out loud.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I'm starting to respect Dylans music. I downloaded Like A Rolling Stone, could you recommend any other songs or albums? And isnt Bob Dylan touring right now?

Yeah the Martin Scorsese one? that's been on BBC TV over here last week. It was really good, looking at his influences and all the other kinds of bands around when he was making waves when he went to Greenwich village, New York.. and that Folk was the "one true" genre at that time and how he was seen as a traitor moving to rock and roll with his electric guitar and Blues backing group. Lol.

Edited by stratomaster

"136"

"Either 136 or 142"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I'm starting to respect Dylans music. I downloaded Like A Rolling Stone, could you recommend any other songs or albums? And isnt Bob Dylan touring right now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's awesome. I'd start off with the Essential Bob Dylan album if I were you. There are 30 great tracks (not one of them is bad), and you can pick a time that you like best.