Pink Floyd Official Pulse DVD announced

username

PINK FLOYD PULSE DVD FINALLY ANNOUNCED

The long-awaited, and much delayed, 2DVD release of Pink Floyd's PULSE has finally been announced. To hit the stores on 5th December (with slight variation to this date depending on country), the discs have been filled with some interesting additional material.

PULSE is a recording from the band's run of 14 shows at London's Earl's Court, the final full concerts performed (to date). A lot of work has been done to improve the sound and picture quality, and to source a selection of suitable extras.

Along with the DVD menus and screens, the DVD cover has been designed by Storm Thorgerson, and will be a variation on the "balls" picture used to promote the 2003 Interstellar exhibition in Paris. As yet, the cover image has not been made available, but Brain Damage had a sneak preview of it at the end of last year. It is a suitably intriguing image, similar to that shown in Storm's book "Mind Over Matter" but with some important differences.

Pink Floyd's well-respected engineer James Guthrie has been the man looking after the surround sound mixes, and the new, Dolby Digital 5.1 remastered soundtrack reportedly sounds superb.

We know that you'll want to know what's been included, so without further delay, here's the detail:

DISC 1

Concert Part 1:

Shine On

Learning To Fly

High Hopes

Take It Back

Coming Back To Life

Sorrow

Keep Talking

Another Brick In The Wall (part 2)

One of These Days

Screen Films:

Shine On

High Hopes

Learning to Fly

Bootlegging the Bootleggers:

What Do You Want From Me

On The Turning Way

Poles Apart

Marooned

Shorts:

Time (Eames)

Money (Alien)

Speak To Me 1987

Pulse TV Advert

Videos:

Learning To Fly

Take It Back

DISC 2

Concert Part 2:

Speak To Me

Breathe

On The Run

Time

The Great Gig In The Sky

Money

Us And Them

Brain Damage

Eclipse

Wish You Were Here

Comfortably Numb

Run Like Hell

Screen Films:

Speak To Me (graphic)

On The Run

Time 1994

The Great Gig in the Sky (wave)

Money

Us And Them 1987

Brain Damage

Eclipse

Alternate Screen Films:

The Great Gig In The Sky (animation)

Us And Them 1994

Behind the Scenes Footage:

Goodbye to Life As We Know It

Wish You Were Here:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Photo Gallery

It's very interesting to see how all the screen films have been included on the DVDs. This is something that many fans have been keen to see. From our point of view, it's great to see that the Money alien film is included - few people seem to have heard of this hilarious alternate version, and this is their chance to see it.

"Bootlegging The Bootleggers" seems to be a way at getting back at those who release unauthorised footage of the band in action - as we understand it, they have sourced audience-shot material of these tracks for inclusion. Ironically, Pulse is one of the biggest bootlegged titles on DVD, with loads appearing on eBay and other online sites each day.

With behind the scenes footage, a photo gallery, and the band's performance at the US Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony back in 1996, this new release promises to be a very interesting collection of material.

Ordering details will be available shortly. It is worth reiterating that any versions of Pulse currently being offered on DVD in various places worldwide, are all fakes. This includes copies that proport to be official limited edition pressings from a few years back.

source: Brain Damage

You shouldn't post any news starting "The long-awaited, and much delayed.." here if they haven't been waited over 10 years :P

I'm not really into Pink Floyd.. Mainly because I haven't really heard it much.. Might buy it when it's cheaper.. :)

Edited by Wando

I had Pulse on VHS ... Without any special features. I liked it, the Comfortably Numb solo was "wooow", but ending with Run Like Hell ... bad move.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, im hearing you there Yami, I always did wonder whey they would finish up with a song like 'Run Like Hell'?