Most Talented Band?

johnezz

Which band do you thick had the most talent?

This is a toughy,

I would be a toss up between, Deep Purple, Cream and Rush.

Ritchie and Clapton are better guitarists than Lifeson, but Geddy Lee is better than Bruce or Hughes (Purp's best Bassist). And Neil Peart is better than Baker and Paice. But Gillan was a infinatley better vocalist than Bruce or Lee. And Purple have the advantage of the extra musican, Jon Lord, who was amazing.

I would say Rush would take the title for me, they are amazing.

hmmm, well int he begining the smiths (they got crap near the end , johnny marr changed)

i suppose led zeppelins veyr early stuff was brill, and i always thought ian brown and aphex twin were pretty unique

The following are great at what they do:

Guns N' Roses

Led Zeppelin

Queen

But these are very talented IMO:

The Rolling Stones - Keith and Mick tried very hard to write songs, and it was worth it. Plus they were always in the happy mood, and that honky-tonk piano you find in almost every track from the 70's onward, hell, they rock.

Pink Floyd - When I read about the recording of Money at songfacts, I was amazed. Besides, they could play huge things like Dogs or Echoes. Long live Pink Floyd.

The Beatles - They all had a great time playing. John and Paul were excellent songwriters. Plus, they made Twist And Shout, which is, IMO, the best rock n' roll moment of all time. Not the best song, but the best moment.

led zeppelin, jimmy page was a legend, so was robert plant, and bonham and john paul jones were very talented musicians too. they wrote absolutely amazing and legendary songs, and I KNOW a lot of people here think they are overrated and all that, but i think they deserve all the credit they get !!!

Guest gnr>everything

Stones

Beatles

Floyd

Zeppelin

The Beatles aren't all the greatest at playing their instrument but the way they wrote songs is amazing, and didn't require to be amazing at their instrument to make a great song.

Stones

Beatles

Floyd

Zeppelin

The Beatles aren't all the greatest at playing their instrument but the way they wrote songs is amazing, and didn't require to be amazing at their instrument to make a great song.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tend to disagree with that part. They used their instruments in different ways back them. But Paul is so versitile for example. He plays just about every instrument there is, and plays them very well. Also, he can play almost any type of music. Ringo IS in fact one of the best drummers around, also very versitile. John was a very decent player and amazing writer. George Harrison also played and wrote some amazing passages. I think there's way more instrumental tallent there then many people realise.

And yeah, their writing and composing skills are amazing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yess! Finally someone who agrees with me on that!

Guest gnr>everything
Stones

Beatles

Floyd

Zeppelin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tend to disagree with that part. They used their instruments in different ways back them. But Paul is so versitile for example. He plays just about every instrument there is, and plays them very well. Also, he can play almost any type of music. Ringo IS in fact one of the best drummers around, also very versitile. John was a very decent player and amazing writer. George Harrison also played and wrote some amazing passages. I think there's way more instrumental tallent there then many people realise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Paul is a versatile musician and can play many of them, but you wouldn't see George break top 25 of guitarists. I think I worded it wrong, all of them were great musicians but they weren't all the greatest ever. You could name a lot of people better at their instrument than them.

And yes, John was a very decent player, and amazing writer...I said that already :huh:

Stones

Beatles

Floyd

Zeppelin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Paul is a versatile musician and can play many of them, but you wouldn't see George break top 25 of guitarists. I think I worded it wrong, all of them were great musicians but they weren't all the greatest ever. You could name a lot of people better at their instrument than them.

And yes, John was a very decent player, and amazing writer...I said that already :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

John could play a lot of instruments though ... And the mood of his songs depended on wether he wrote them on piano or guitar! Take Imagine and Working Class Hero, for example. And George is a genius, he could do magic when he played his guitar. George's one of my idols.

Edited by Yamisonic