• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Harrison

Keith Richards

Mick Taylor

Robert Smith

Porl Thompson

All I care is the melody, how emotional the playing is and how the music touches me when I listen to guitar playing, not just playing anything at lightning speed. Shame most kids can't appreciate good solos and only listen to tapping.

Take Robert Smith on The Same Deep Water On You, that second riff is really touching.

Tom Morello

steve stevens

Mick thompson

the frush (john frusciante)

GARY MOORE :heart:

I think steve vai is kinda underated cause there are only a few people from this shithole of a town i live in that know about him

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fuck yea gary moore is!!! :heart:

Those are known as "wiggers"

anyways......

Axl Rose(dead horse rules,jk)

I think Randy Rhoads is......

For such a short recording life,he was truly amazing......

The thing that suckls is,he's not even remembered verry much,

I mean,all his most famous songs just replaced him and people forgot about him

Heck,i don't even think scom can match crazy train alot of the time,

and then there's that live riff on "tribute",love it,faster than malsteem....

Also....

Chris Cornell

People remember him too much as a singer......but he wrote lack hole sun down to the solo....

and the final on my list is.....buckethead

I know someone's gonna say "OH HE'S NOT UNDERRATED HE'S OVERRATED"

but the guy's been recording for 20 years,has many many kick arse songs,and gets no mainstream attention.....

Not many people heard about him before gnr.....

And even less before the primus jam "The ballad of buckethead"

Plues he gets nearly zippo credability here on the board

Meanwhile we got Green Day guys who are worse at playing than me,and yet they've got the world by storm,

World's a screwed up place I tell you....

John Frusciante - now THAT'S how you "play for the song". He's played so many of the most basic yet most effective guitar parts I've ever heard, and I'm not evern really a RHCP fan. I took my girlfriend to one of the concerts a few years ago and came away from it saying "Man, that guitarist was awesome!".

Mike McCready - One of the few Hendrix-ites we have left. I love Pearl Jam.

Randy Rhoads - Isn't given enough respect for the insane amount of technical expertise he brought to metal. I personally think he's way better than EVH but is less known as he wasn't the guitarist in a band named "RHOADS".

John Mayer - Yes, Your Body Is a Wonderland is 100% gay, but if you download Man On The Side live from the Any Given Thursday DVD including the intro of SRV's Lenny, you'll know why he belongs in this list.

but the guy's been recording for 20 years,has many many kick arse songs,and gets no mainstream attention.....

Buckethead might be able to shred th hell out of a guitar but there's not much emotion in his playing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bullshit, how the hell do you know he plays with little emotion? you don't. Mr. Bucket puts all his heart and soul into his guitar playing, it's his life. What some people call "mindless shredding" might be a beautiful guitar piece about a dead relative to him. You just don't know how he thinks, so don't comment about emotion in his playing.

Buckethead might be able to shred th hell out of a guitar but there's not much emotion in his playing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bullshit, how the hell do you know he plays with little emotion? you don't. Mr. Bucket puts all his heart and soul into his guitar playing, it's his life. What some people call "mindless shredding" might be a beautiful guitar piece about a dead relative to him. You just don't know how he thinks, so don't comment about emotion in his playing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me rephrase the point then: Listening to Buckethead's playing doesn't make me experience any emotion. It's...notes. I don't get a certain feeling from it whatsoever. He might be technicaly superb, but to me he sucks because his music has not been able to make me experience any emotion.

And yes, I have tried listening to Giant Robot, Monsters And Robots and Bucketheadland a few times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah ok, i see where your coming from, so for you Buckets guitar playing does not reach you on an emotional level?

fair enough.

John Frusciante, his parts are subtle , they rock, unpredictable, emotional everything. Plus some of his solo stuff is the most inventive emotional well structured stuu]ff Ive ever heard. Though admittedly many of his albums are weird his newest stuff should sell 4 million copies IMO.

Yet Nickelback does....try an figure that one out.