The Impossible Could Be Happening?

Mama Kin

In a million years i never thought i would like another band more than Guns N' Roses but i think i prefer Motley Crue to the Guns. Is this because they have released more albums, they are still touring together, they have released an in-depth book about their lifestyles in the band and Motley Crue are still the original four. Perhaps they are the main reasons.

Not really impossible to like a band above another, really

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah thats a good point but everybody has a favourite i just thought once you have a favourite band especially a group as old as Guns N' Roses then they would stay your favourite. I obviously proved myself wrong though

In a million years i never thought i would like another band more than Guns N' Roses but i think i prefer Motley Crue to the Guns. Is this because they have released more albums, they are still touring together, they have released an in-depth book about their lifestyles in the band and Motley Crue are still the original four. Perhaps they are the main reasons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, MK...I think a serious intervention is needed here. :P

The Crue had/has a cool rock 'n roll attitude, but I don't think their catalogue compares musically to GNR, but hey, that's just my opinion. That's cool you're so into them. I think it's great they're back together as it blows my mind that a group of guys like old GNR couldn't ultimately work out their differences and realize something so special should be put well above their individual squabbles. Whether they personally love each other or not, there was such unique chemistry and magic there, how could they never have gotten their shit back together either at the time or in later years like the Crue has done?!!

I have to admit, I have been digging so hard on RATM these last few months and they are right behind GNR in my book with lots of similarities in the size of their musical catalogue and the breakup of the band with the frontman. Again, just blows me away these great of bands can't keep it together, so I do give the Crue credit. Same with the Stones with Mick and Keith able to keep things rolling despite their many differences...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

i have really gone off gnr, thanks to all the delays & rumours, i never listen to there music anymore , i only come here to chat with my friends,thanks to axl, the band i loved, i now cant be arsed with :(

i'll take the verve anyday

Edited by lawrence

Personally i think Tommy Lee is a much better drummer than Matt or Steven, Sixx is as good as Duff perhaps a better band member because of his writing ability also. Mick is awesome but not as good as Slash and i love Vince's voice but Axl is better. I just think Motley Crue have much more to offer their fans

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's because you probably overdosed on gnr. Too much of the same will eventualy start to become a drag. so you listen to other stuff for a while, and then another thing, and then gnr again, or the first thing again. It goes in circles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you hit the nail on the head there username. I did listen to GNR probably every day which is why i have eased off recently

Guns N Roses are no longer my favourite band either. They used to be but then AC/DC and W.A.S.P. took over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AC/DC are one of my faves too. I think it's not so much i dont like GNR as much anymore but the fact that Motley Crue, AC/DC & RATM are just as great as GNR IMO

Edited by Mama Kin

gnr used to be my favourite band, then it was AC/DC. Now I feel Van Halen taking over. I think it's just because you listen to something for too long and you burn it out, then it takes a long time to feel the magic again.

But then, this is the only board I visit :drevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's because you probably overdosed on gnr. Too much of the same will eventualy start to become a drag. so you listen to other stuff for a while, and then another thing, and then gnr again, or the first thing again. It goes in circles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the point, indeed. but this example doesn't work for me... I never get bored of 2Pac (my favourite artist ever)...i can't listen to all his albums straight in a row, and i wouldn't get fed up.

but well... i don't listen to GNR that much anymore... Queen and Izzy share the pole position now. :)