The Wall CD

Hyp3rFi3rc3

which do you like most?!  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

null

there is no 1 without 2 and no 2 without 1...you can't just seperate them! they are meant to be a part of one cohesive story and therefore...null

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know but i mean the songs which one do you prefer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

to me it's all one song...one complete thought...i mean...that's what a song is isn't it? a complete thought...therefore the wall is one song.

null

there is no 1 without 2 and no 2 without 1...you can't just seperate them! they are meant to be a part of one cohesive story and therefore...null

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know but i mean the songs which one do you prefer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

to me it's all one song...one complete thought...i mean...that's what a song is isn't it? a complete thought...therefore the wall is one song.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok what part of the song you prefer? dah!

i already answered null :D

to me...it's all equal and essential on the wall and it's like asking which my favorite body part is...without one the other's wouldn't function accordingly

i like when the tigers break free but that's not on the orig disk... :angry:

and one of my turns...

and...comfortably numb...

ah sweet sweet bliss

null still

Edited by stevGNR666

Guest gnr>everything

This is always changing for me.

On Disc 1, tracks 1-10 are all great.

On Disc 2, the first two tracks, and from 6-on are all great.

I think Hey You and Comfortably Numb seal the deal for Disc 2 though.

I think 'What Shall We Do Now' should've replaced Empty Spaces.  But some of the songs on Disc 2 seem unnecessary like 'Vera' or 'Bring The Boys Back Home'.  Can anyone explain the point of these songs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

vera is a song about a singer during wwii that got arrested for giving false hopes to the soldiers fighting in the war...she's the one that was singing in the movie in the beginning of the movie when the camera's going down the hallway and you hear the faint music...it's something about "Santa's not coming this year for christmas"...and this personifies the feelings of false hope inside the wall

bring the boys back home was the centerpiece of the entire album...waters said so in an interview once...it's a summerizations of despair for the humanity inside and out of the wall...everything around is crumbling and only if the "boys" metaphorically and literally could come home and save him from lonliness and all the other bricks...then he shall make it through with complete sanity through the trial that ends up in the end of the wall

I think 'What Shall We Do Now' should've replaced Empty Spaces.  But some of the songs on Disc 2 seem unnecessary like 'Vera' or 'Bring The Boys Back Home'.  Can anyone explain the point of these songs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

vera is a song about a singer during wwii that got arrested for giving false hopes to the soldiers fighting in the war...she's the one that was singing in the movie in the beginning of the movie when the camera's going down the hallway and you hear the faint music...it's something about "Santa's not coming this year for christmas"...and this personifies the feelings of false hope inside the wall

bring the boys back home was the centerpiece of the entire album...waters said so in an interview once...it's a summerizations of despair for the humanity inside and out of the wall...everything around is crumbling and only if the "boys" metaphorically and literally could come home and save him from lonliness and all the other bricks...then he shall make it through with complete sanity through the trial that ends up in the end of the wall

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aha, I never knew Vera Lynn got arrested. Thanks for the info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aha, I never knew Vera Lynn got arrested. Thanks for the info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry...i was thinking of someone else in the vietnam war here's vera's bio during wwii

England's sweetheart during the trying times of World War II, Vera Lynn was born in London one year before the close of the first World War. She began singing at the age of seven, working in dance as well during her teenage years. Lynn appeared on radio broadcasts with the Joe Loss Orchestra as early as 1935, and sang with Charlie Kunz and Ambrose. After first performing solo in 1940, she became the host of the BBC radio program Sincerely Yours; the show became incredibly popular with overseas servicemen who missed their girlfriends, and her regular songs included such hopeful/heartsick ballads as "White Cliffs of Dover," "We'll Meet Again," "Wishing" and "Yours." Lynn also made several films during the war years, appeared in a stage revue and sang for troops in Asia before retiring at the close of the war.