Squier Strat Pak

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guit...ase_pid/519633/

I know this guitar is shit, but if anything, it's the only thing I can afford. My dad says he'll buy me a guitar, especially this one, since it comes with everything needed to start playing. He doesn't understand that the amp or the guitar will die on me after a few months. He says it won't really matter, as I will be able to 'upgrade' when I become a better player. So, for the shit quality, but with all the things needed for a beginner; is it worth the buy?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guit...ase_pid/519633/

I know this guitar is shit, but if anything, it's the only thing I can afford. My dad says he'll buy me a guitar, especially this one, since it comes with everything needed to start playing. He doesn't understand that the amp or the guitar will die on me after a few months. He says it won't really matter, as I will be able to 'upgrade' when I become a better player. So, for the shit quality, but with all the things needed for a beginner; is it worth the buy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that would be a good starter pack. Ask your dad what kind of color you want your strat to be. After this starter pack I would get a better amp and a better guitar. ESP's are good and so are Fenders, Epiphones etc.

that's close to $300

so I'd rather do this guitar here

guitar

and this amp here from the same site:

amp

I wouldn't worry about a guitar case. However, the squire pack provides tuner, picks etc plus musician's friend provides free shipping on such orders. If you're new to guitars however, the flyod Rose on the guitars I'm suggesting might be a little complicated for you.

Edited by abitestranged

Ah i would go for something alot better,

You'll regret getting something so shit not far in the future.

I suggest you stick when an acoustic until you know your scales and modes, then start spending big on good gear.

Yeah that's exactly what I did. I only had an acoustic then played it until I got to where I actually knew what I was doing, then got my Ibanez. It was alot easier to play too, because of all the practice with the Acoustic.

they're ok, whack in a pointlessly loud pick up on the thing and it can be a lot better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for once hes right!, just bash some new pickups in there, replace the crappy standard strings and bobs youre uncle, fukaji's youre aunt! you got yourself a decent guitar for the next few years, and if ur only starting out then i dout u will appreciate the difference between this and a higher end model. just my opinion.

Thanks guys. I might stick to getting an acoustic. You know, so I can actually know what I'm doing :D Thanks again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just get the squire and do as above, new pick ups, decent strings, hey presto, decent guitar for half the price of splashing out on something ridiculously overblown for a first guitar.

Thanks guys. I might stick to getting an acoustic. You know, so I can actually know what I'm doing :D Thanks again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just get the squire and do as above, new pick ups, decent strings, hey presto, decent guitar for half the price of splashing out on something ridiculously overblown for a first guitar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May you be able to suggest any new pickups? I know NOTHING of the techincal guitar stuff :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May you be able to suggest any new pickups? I know NOTHING of the techincal guitar stuff :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seymour Duncan, except no subsitute.

Only probelm, is that the Squiers have Plywood bodys, and their necks are absolute crap, trust me, I HAVE ONE! :lol: So yeah, Squiers are only good for doing a Pete Townshend on stage and smashing them into oblivion. Save up and get a Warmoth Custom guitar: www.warmoth.com They are 10x better than any Fender or Gibson, and for the quality THEY ARE A STEAL. Plus you can customise them to what ever you want, spend as much or as little as you want. But yeah, start saving, you might even be able to get your parents to chuck in some. Btw mate, do you have MSN?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only probelm, is that the Squiers have Plywood bodys, and their necks are absolute crap, trust me, I HAVE ONE! :lol: So yeah, Squiers are only good for doing a Pete Townshend on stage and smashing them into oblivion. Save up and get a Warmoth Custom guitar: www.warmoth.com They are 10x better than any Fender or Gibson, and for the quality THEY ARE A STEAL. Plus you can customise them to what ever you want, spend as much or as little as you want. But yeah, start saving, you might even be able to get your parents to chuck in some. Btw mate, do you have MSN?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes ma'am; shrooms0212@hotmail.com. I'll check that link out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hes a dude :tongue2:

I know nothing of the technical stuff either

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what you think ;)

Yeah I used to have a sunburst squier start and it was a good guitar. Getting the amp and the leads etc means you're all set up plus you get a video as well I think. Though I think you can buy the pack cheaper than that price on there. Maybe you should look at an acoustic though to start with. It makes electric easier plus acoustic is just great anyway! rock2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only probelm, is that the Squiers have Plywood bodys, and their necks are absolute crap, trust me, I HAVE ONE! : So yeah, Squiers are only good for doing a Pete Townshend on stage and smashing them into oblivion. Save up and get a Warmoth Custom guitar: www.warmoth.com They are 10x better than any Fender or Gibson, and for the quality THEY ARE A STEAL. Plus you can customise them to what ever you want, spend as much or as little as you want. But yeah, start saving, you might even be able to get your parents to chuck in some. Btw mate, do you have MSN?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what you think ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its actually what i wnat too think :kiss:

:ph34r:

• 1 month later...