Weak second albums?

Appetite18

Anyone name any sophomre slumps? To be honest I havent really heard many weak second albums. Metallica's Ride The Lightning, Pearl Jams Vs, Black Sabbath's Paranoid, Led Zeppelin II, Ozzy's Diary of a Madman are amazing second albums and there are more. But I can think of one and it is definitely a piece of shit.

Evil Empire-Rage Against The Machine

I listened to their debut and Battle of Los Angeles and was blown away surprisingly. I heard Evil Empire was disappointing but I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I was dead wrong. This took four years to follow up to their debut? WTF were they doing in that time? The production is absolutely terrible, everything sounds so thin and buzzy its annoying. There are a few great songs like Bulls on Parade, Down Rodeo, Roll Right(the bass is way too high in the mix though) but these pale to anything on the debut and most of whats on Battle of Los Angeles.

Edited by Appetite18

soundgarden's loud love is no prize...but then again...neither was their first ep <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to say I like Louder Than Love...

& the first EP...Fopp's pretty poor after it. They don't really count as albums though.

I like a lot of their earlier stuff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there's so much sludge in louder than love though

get on the snake is good

full on kevin's mom is funny punk

and loud love is alright as well

but the rest is pretty boring in my opinion

they really cleaned up with badmotorfinger :)

soundgarden's loud love is no prize...but then again...neither was their first ep <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to say I like Louder Than Love...

& the first EP...Fopp's pretty poor after it. They don't really count as albums though.

I like a lot of their earlier stuff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there's so much sludge in louder than love though

get on the snake is good

full on kevin's mom is funny punk

and loud love is alright as well

but the rest is pretty boring in my opinion

they really cleaned up with badmotorfinger :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know I take it the other way round really...There's alot of stuff I like on Louder Than Love; Ugly Truth, Hands All Over, Power Trip, Gun etc...badmotorfinger doesn't really have the spunk...or something. I like Hiro Yamamoto more than Ben Shepherd...I guess it's all down to taste.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehe, i forgot about Gun...that song so fucking kicks ass...well...Hiro Yamamoto is a funny character...his vocals for circle of power :lol::lol:

badmotorfinger has rusty cage! jesus christ pose! slaves and bulldozers! outshined! and my personal favorite: Searching with my good Eyes Closed :wub: