The Hives

gnrlies

Crikey.

I saw these guys for the second time the other night...

Damn pelle is one of the best frontmen ever.

They are amazing. Second best band ive ever seen (after VR, but you know VR is something incomparable to any other band for me)

Long live the hives - you are as good as you say you are and more!

I have heard many people saying how They are an amazing! live band.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah they just blow people away. Of course their music isn't for everyone, and there may be some things which people dont like about their music, but anyone who likes a good riff, and who goes and sees their show will dig it.

They win you over after the first song.

I thoroughly recomend them to anyone, even if you dont know much about them. (they are gonna write a new album so hopefully they will tour in about another years time. Unfortunately australia was the last place they were playing for this album (but then I cant wait to see them come back with new material and new onstage shenanigans)

Crikey.

They are amazing. Second best band ive ever seen (after Gn'R, but you know Gn'R is something incomparable to any other band for me)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Corrected!

Crikey.

They are amazing. Second best band ive ever seen (after Gn'R, but you know Gn'R is something incomparable to any other band for me)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Corrected!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but I havent seen GNR and never will because they broke up 10 years ago, but of course, gnr in the prime would be the best gig anyone could go to. Im thinking something late 80s...

Edited by gnrlies

There music is just abrasive punk, but having seen them at Leeds a year ago, I can say that there performance abilities really make up for it. Pele is like Mick Jagger at his best, but it's not just him, it's the rest of the band and the way they move like they're really ENJOYING it.

yeah they are one band as well, where their music sounds so much better after youve seen them live.

Everytime i hear their songs, I just think of howlin pelle struttin his stuff

before I saw them i was sick of them, and bored by their music, but seeing them again has made the music like gold to my ears.

One of my dads friends saw GN'R in the late 80s and said they were on crap form.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if one of your dads friends saw them in the late 80's and said they were shit,

As someone who was borderline too young to be allowed to go to one of their concerts at the time, Ive overcompensated with bootlegs and rare performances, and I can garuntee you that they were in their prime late 80's.

Before the whole "How bout some Reggae" / "our horn section" saga's of the illusion tour , yet at a time where axl, slash and the rest were brilliant enough to be regarded as one of / THE worlds best band at the time. The 80's was about raw solid rock n' fuckin rock n' roll - which is what drew the fans to them in the first place...

One of my dads friends saw GN'R in the late 80s and said they were on crap form.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if one of your dads friends saw them in the late 80's and said they were shit,

As someone who was borderline too young to be allowed to go to one of their concerts at the time, Ive overcompensated with bootlegs and rare performances, and I can garuntee you that they were in their prime late 80's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you're saying I should take your word, some kid's who happens to have bootlegs, over his, who was there and didn't happen to enjoy it? Sure!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you're saying I should take your word, some kid's who happens to have bootlegs, over his, who was there and didn't happen to enjoy it? Sure!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is possible for a band to have an off night. So what if he thought it was shit? Thats just one persons opinion for one single concert for which either they played crap, or your dads friend was in a shit mood or something.

Im merely pointing out that it is regarded by many that GNR were at their prime during the late 80s, because they were more modest, and real. Go and check out some of these shows to know what I mean.