Careers down the shitter

Genesis

How do you feel about the decline of bands' status through the years?

For instance, when I was on holiday earlier this year, I saw that the Misfits were playing in a pub in Torquay, inbetween sets from countless Elvis tribute acts. And i was surprised at this.

I also hear the Sweet played Butlins before Brian (NO "It's a Puppet!") Connolly snuffed it.

Got any instances of careers that are now laughable?

I wont say laughable because I really like this band. Other people say they are one of the best live acts, and have the 2nd best drummer EVER. TESLA. I almost had a chance to go see them, but I couldnt get a ride. They are playing alot smaller venues then they did when they were more popular during the 80's. They ROCK just as hard as they did in there bigger venues, in there smaller venues, and to them its always been about the MUSIC. There still coming out with new and better cds every once in a while.

J.Walker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah youre totally right, tesla still rock as hard as ever. But were they ever that big in the first place?

Still got a televised afternoon slot at Glasto. I felt the eldest there.

Sons and Daughters got nowt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

S&D are alright, as fukaji said. Nowt special. I Saw them live and the highlight was afterwards when someone else was playing, and myself and a few friends we're yelling their band name at them accross the venue. We got about 2 nervous smiles, a thumbs up, and then after enough shouting we got the middle finger. We cheered.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Ex Marillion singer Fish played a Bristol pub last year, commemorating 15 years of Misplaced Childhood. Didn't really surprise me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well after Philleni (sp?) Days, can you really blame THAT decline?

Are Hawkwind gonna have a special appearance from Lemmy?

Nazareth played a 200 person club last month here.

Also Skid Row, they were playing Hammersmith types back in the day, but now it's gone down to 500-1,000 people crowds.

I think Aerosmith is a shell of what it once was. Sure, they still charge top dollar for tickets (like the $140 my friend convinced me to pay to see them in a couple weeks...damn you Steve) and draw huge crowds, but from what I've heard they play a ton of their sappy, poppy 90s stuff at their shows. They did such awesome stuff in the 70s and when they came back in the late 80s, and it's a shame to see how they cater to 14 year olds now.