John Butler Trio

highvoltage

Ok, John Butler Trio, an Australian band.

Bluesy, rootsy acoustic songs that really pump along. John Butler is a fantastic guitarist, a much more skilled musician than any of this boring "Jack Johnson" crap. He rarely shows off, but when he does.... :shocked:

Has anyone outside Australia heard of them? The music is really, really nice and easy to listen to, some of the guitar is really, really impressive. I've seen them live twice, planning to see them again in December. The shows are great, heaps of impro and a shitload of different guitars are showcased too -- lap sitars, banjos and all the rest.

Their first album, "Three" was much better than the new one "Sunrise Over Sea" for me -- however the newer one sold a lot better as the songs were more radio friendly. If you're interested, try and pick up the live album "Living 2001-2002" as it really showcases the band at their best. :D

"Take", "Betterman", "Zebra" and "Treat Yo Mamma" are their most 'radio-friendly' songs, but i'm not a huge fan of the latter two personally.