Eric Clapton...

mr.b

Ok, so, I finally decided to sit down and skip through the Live Aid concert I bought my mother for her birthday, a few months ago. So anyway, Eric Clapton comes on, and can he play. The songs were White Room, Shes Waiting and of course Layla. So Iv decided to go away and buy one or two of his cd's to see whats he is like...

Recomdations would be appriciated, I saw a cd called time peice(i think) by him, that seems to have a cover of KOHD that goes cheap, but does he have a best of or a GH. I realise he has had a long career so it would probably be hard to get all his songs onto one disc, thats why im asking ye. Im trusting ye with my money...

So, which ones should i look out for?...

Ok, so, I finally decided to sit down and skip through the Live Aid concert I bought my mother for her birthday, a few months ago. So anyway, Eric Clapton comes on, and can he play. The songs were White Room, Shes Waiting and of course Layla. So Iv decided to go away and buy one or two of his cd's to see whats he is like...

Recomdations would be appriciated, I saw a cd called time peice(i think) by him, that seems to have a cover of KOHD that goes cheap, but does he have a best of or a GH. I realise he has had a long career so it would probably be hard to get all his songs onto one disc, thats why im asking ye. Im trusting ye with my money...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would Reccomend the Very Best Of Cream that era may be the pinnacle of his career

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would Reccomend the Very Best Of Cream that era may be the pinnacle of his career

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If my history serves me, which it usally dosent, he was only in cream for two years? Was this really the highlight of his career? Dident they just release that best of and had a small reunion in may was it?...

Cream rule, they did Sunshine Of Your Love, White Room, and their greatest achievement, IMO, is Crossroads, AMAZING blues song with an INCREDIBLE solo. So you should get something by Cream.

Though I've got the perfect album for you, I saw it on a store the other day, I'll lookg for it in amazon and post it here.

Guest gnr>everything

My dad has that Cream of Clapton cd...I'm not a big fan but he has a couple songs I like...the KOHD cover isn't very good at all imo though...

Ok, so i went looking for that cd today, and i couldent find it. As usual, id normally be trippin over it, but i did get clapton chronicles- the best of eric clapton. Bloody brilliant album, i never knew he was so good. The track list goes:

Blue eyes blue

Change the world

My father's eyes

Tears In Heaven

Layla(unplugged)

Pretending

Bad Love

Before you accuse me

Its in the way you use it

Forever man

Running on faith(unplugged)

She's Waiting

River of tears

I get lost

Wonderful tonight(live)

Great album, but i was wondering, should i still get the cream of clapton, or is it basically the same? So more advive would be nice...

Ok, so i went looking for that cd today, and i couldent find it. As usual, id normally be trippin over it, but i did get clapton chronicles- the best of eric clapton. Bloody brilliant album, i never knew he was so good. The track list goes:

Blue eyes blue

Change the world

My father's eyes

Tears In Heaven

Layla(unplugged)

Pretending

Bad Love

Before you accuse me

Forever man

She's Waiting

River of tears

I get lost

Wonderful tonight(live)

Great album, but i was wondering, should i still get the cream of clapton, or is it basically the same? So more advive would be nice...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that's later, poppy Clapton, not as a guitarist but singer. Get The Cream Of Clapton, completely different songs, and happens exactly before this one. The rockier side of Clapton. Get that!

It's by no means the same

Blue eyes blue

Change the world

My father's eyes

Tears In Heaven

Layla(unplugged)

Pretending

Bad Love

Before you accuse me

Forever man

She's Waiting

River of tears

I get lost

Wonderful tonight(live)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that's later, poppy Clapton, not as a guitarist but singer. Get The Cream Of Clapton, completely different songs, and happens exactly before this one. The rockier side of Clapton. Get that!

It's by no means the same

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was wondering, because there is very little guitar in these songs, so you suggest i also get the cream of clapton? Thanx for all your help... rock3

Can't forget his stuff with Derick and the Dominos

Clapton and Duane Allman, what a duo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got that right. The original "Layla" is awesome. The unplugged version is OK, but not near as good as the original.

RIP: Duane Allman.

Bought the Cream Of Clapton today, briliant, The oringial Layla rocks, I only taught it was 2:45 minutes long, i never reliased the full version was so long, not that im complaining or anything. Its strange but i recongise a lot of the songs on it like I feel free and sunshine of your love. Its a great collection. So do these two cd's cover the basis of his career? I also saw unplugged, which i noticed a few people say was good, but i dident have the money on me at the time, and iy was on sale €24.99 down to €9.99, i was disgusted, but i said id stick to the cream of clapton, thanx a million for all your help people, its appricated... rock3