Terrible Music

Mama Kin

I cannot stand this rock/pop/indie whatever you wanna call it. Im refering to bands such as Kaiser Cheifs, Franz Ferdinand, Hard Fi, The Killers, Snow Patrol. Even the more experienced bands such as Blink 182, Green Day and Oasis. I think these bands are preventing great rock music coming through due to their unrealistic popularity and ruling of the charts. Praise the lord Bon Jovi are back i say. Everybody i know who hates rock and heavy metal music are singing and dancing to awful bands like i mentioned above. They seem popular with everyone and i dont have a clue why because they have no talents these bands, I Predict A Riot? what the fuck. Krissirge you gotta be with me my man ;)

Edited by Mama Kin

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youre so fucking right mama kin. all these fuckin talentless bands that are taking up space on the so called 'rock' stations and channels.

People say they like rock music and they talk about these bands and I'm like 'what the fuck is this shit?'

There are some decent bands coming through though - towers of london, hurricane party, the darkness and tokyo dragons. As well as new albums by bon jovi, and hopefully acdc and the crue soon.

It is sad that the world (especially Britain) has forgotten to rock. I pray for a revolution.

Why waste time bitching about the music you hate when you could just talk about the music you like?

I just ignore the stuff I don't like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Belive me highvoltageacdc i used to ignore it but it's the increasing popularity that has really pissed me off and some people refer to the bands as great musicians and they even call their music rock :anger: Rock music is dead because of these so called 'rock' bands but perhaps just maybe Bon Jovi, the Crue, and AC/DC can start a revival (spelling) EDIT: Congrats on becoming a mod my friend, you're certainly worthy

Edited by Mama Kin

I am 100% agree, except for the shit about Oasis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just think Oasis are terribly over rated and come of as wanna be rockstars. There popular with so many people. I have two friends that love Oasis but they hate rock music. My point being that Oasis are not a good rock band. They are Indie and theres nothing worse than Indie IMO

I cannot stand this rock/pop/indie whatever you wanna call it. Im refering to bands such as Kaiser Cheifs, Franz Ferdinand, Hard Fi, The Killers, Snow Patrol. Even the more experienced bands such as Blink 182, Green Day and Oasis. I think these bands are preventing great rock music coming through due to their unrealistic popularity and ruling of the charts. Praise the lord Bon Jovi are back i say. Everybody i know who hates rock and heavy metal music are singing and dancing to awful bands like i mentioned above. They seem popular with everyone and i dont have a clue why because they have no talents these bands, I Predict A Riot? what the fuck. Krissirge you gotta be with me my man ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh preach the good word!

Why waste time bitching about the music you hate when you could just talk about the music you like?

I just ignore the stuff I don't like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Belive me highvoltageacdc i used to ignore it but it's the increasing popularity that has really pissed me off and some people refer to the bands as great musicians and they even call their music rock :anger: Rock music is dead because of these so called 'rock' bands but perhaps just maybe Bon Jovi, the Crue, and AC/DC can start a revival (spelling) EDIT: Congrats on becoming a mod my friend, you're certainly worthy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont like this stupid british indie like franz or kaisers..

but i do like pop-punk

Personally I like some of "today's popular" music, but I also dislike a lot of it as well. Just because you don't enjoy what mainstream rock is, doesn't mean you can't go looking for underground bands. ;)

Also, just because your friends like different music than you, doesn't mean that you have better taste than them. Since when is your music choice all high and mighty? :lol:

blink 182 are a fucking great enough pop band, really enjoyable music, nowt to hate about it, green day the same, the rest of it im not arsed about, some of the pop punk on lookout records and similar labels etc is just as good like the queers, screeching weasel, the filaments, and even the descendents.

the killers i like for the same reason, even if they sound a bit like shed seven. the only two that really cut through this indie new wave influx malarkey is them and franz ferdinand, who again, just sound a bit like a less good talking heads, everything sounds like everything else, cant help it.

oh, and the test icicles and bloc party, i quite like them.

I steer well clear of art rock. You've got to hate bands that are more concerned with their own credibility than actually making good music.

Greenday however are a great band. They've got attitude, awareness, intelligence and even more importantly, they've got really catchy songs songs. They're really innovating with punk like few other bands ever have, and they're really trying to make a statement with their music. What's not to like? (other than the fact that they're successful, which seems to be all it takes for some people).