Terrible Music

Mama Kin

I cannot stand this rock/pop/indie whatever you wanna call it. Im refering to bands such as Kaiser Cheifs, Franz Ferdinand, Hard Fi, The Killers, Snow Patrol. Even the more experienced bands such as Blink 182, Green Day and Oasis. I think these bands are preventing great rock music coming through due to their unrealistic popularity and ruling of the charts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You see, in a way i know where you're coming from - but i also think you don't really understand why these bands are popular. These bands are big because believe it or not - it's what alot of people want. Both Greenday & Oasis have sold out massive world tours recently and have both been around since the early 1990s - they've made it the hard way, it's not like they're manufactured or anything. I love both albums they've released in the last few months - and American Idiot has sold an insane amount of copies.

They produce popular music, that continues to be popular and enjoyed by many people. I really like both Greenday and Oasis - infact i'd rate both of them above Bon Jovi - (seeing Bon Jovi in June :)).

It all comes down to that wonderful thing called choice. If you don't want to listen - don't.

R.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of a lot of people on this forum, its less the music you hate, but the image they try to sell, or the themes to the songs. Especially as this is a Guns N' Roses forum, virtually all will know the unearthly stuggle the band had with drugs, attitudes and life in general, which will make modern bands look childish.

Just like classical music died out, rock music also had to one day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

classical music is still huge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not much chance of you seein it in the top ten though is there. Full of shit thesedays anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but they have classic music charts instead. The pop charts are terrible though I think we can safely say that.

I can't stand the shite the call hiphop, or rap, techno and new artists that is so baaaaaad but they do not realize it themselves.

I also, very strongly, HATE those fucks that tries to cover impossible songs like Bohemian Rapsody ( anyone heard tha cover with some soulbitch - i became insane, anger filled my veins, etc.).

It's a religous crime. They should be tortured and shot. :anger:

Excuse my truths.

Why waste time bitching about the music you hate when you could just talk about the music you like?

I just ignore the stuff I don't like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone making sense? About music? On this forum? You get props from me!

There are real few bands that I like that have came out since 2000 or so. They have to have something in them I like. I dont like some of the music from back then either. The older music just appeals to me more then the music of now. Whats funny is that the music that I like spawned off of what todays music is. The kids of todays music listened to the music I like now, most likely. I havent look'd into it. I dont know how they could make some of the crap they have. Anyways, LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL, its it perfect state in the past.

Hopefully ROCK N ROLL will transition into a NEW GENERATION that hate this GAY PUNK ROCK, EMO, SCREAM ROCK, etc. shit, and make some REAL MUSIC that FUCKIN KICKS ASS.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS.

Oh yah, You forgot to mention F.O.B and M.C.R for new music that is FUCKIN ANNOYING.

J.Walker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't spell crap without rap......

Oh and I do llike Punk rock, emo and screamo! It aint shit! :devil:

Yeh.. Its all about marketing today.. there alot of great bands that get no exposure.. because they are not marketed to the shit...

Me, i love todays music...

for instance:

the white stripes(great new album)

chili peppers(by the way was a great album, cant wait for their new one)

living end(great new album)

razorlight(great debut album)

dallas crane(great new album)

velvet revolver(great new album)

foo fighters(great new album))

coldplay(altough their new album not that great)

audioslave(same goes for this one, new album was not that great)

the libertines(last album was great)

the killers(debut album was great)

kings of leon(first 2 albums are great)

incubus(last album was great)

oasis(last album was great)

pearl jam(last album was great)

radiohead(all their f**king albums are great)

Everything in that list is great. But the problem is, great has been done before... ill quote james hetfield here - "People want more than what the last band did"

Im not like that, im not expecting some new rock band to come and revolutionize or emancipate rock and roll like guns n roses did with appetite for destruction. But i still enjoy todays music :)

Edited by slashs_servant

There are real few bands that I like that have came out since 2000 or so. They have to have something in them I like. I dont like some of the music from back then either. The older music just appeals to me more then the music of now. Whats funny is that the music that I like spawned off of what todays music is. The kids of todays music listened to the music I like now, most likely. I havent look'd into it. I dont know how they could make some of the crap they have. Anyways, LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL, its it perfect state in the past.

Hopefully ROCK N ROLL will transition into a NEW GENERATION that hate this GAY PUNK ROCK, EMO, SCREAM ROCK, etc. shit, and make some REAL MUSIC that FUCKIN KICKS ASS.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS.

Oh yah, You forgot to mention F.O.B and M.C.R for new music that is FUCKIN ANNOYING.

J.Walker

I see what ou are saying now. Yeah most of those groups don't have some the edge that U2, Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue or The Stones have.  LONG LIVE ROCK N'  ROLL!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't spell crap without rap......

Oh and I do llike Punk rock, emo and screamo! It aint shit! :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SORRY, I FORGOT TO ADD HOW ANNOYING MOST OF HIP HOP TODAY IS. Not all of it is bad but 99.9% of it is.

I was just pointing towards ROCK N ROLL, so theres my 2 cents on RAP.

That music you like is just as bad as todays HIP HOP MUSIC.

J.Walker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow you guys really need to get out there.

Todays music is better than it has ever been for ages!

I mean, the pop scene is shit, but hey THE POP SCENE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHIT!!

In the 70's the pop scene was Disco, in the 80's it was snyth based pop, now it's hip hop.

Real rock died in 1980, yes it's true, i have failed to see a real rock band since then.

The only good thing to come out of the 80's was Metal, really 80's was the decade of Metal, Maiden, 'Tallica, 'Deth, Slayer. So called "rock" bands in the 80's like the Crue, Poison suck monkey balls.

GN'R arn't real rock ether, they sold out and you know it.

Ok i've finished my rant, now flame me.

I am 100% agree, except for the shit about Oasis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just think Oasis are terribly over rated and come of as wanna be rockstars. There popular with so many people. I have two friends that love Oasis but they hate rock music. My point being that Oasis are not a good rock band. They are Indie and theres nothing worse than Indie IMO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't call Oasis rock, but alternative pop. I don't think they're trying to be a rock band either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just think Oasis are terribly over rated and come of as wanna be rockstars. There popular with so many people. I have two friends that love Oasis but they hate rock music. My point being that Oasis are not a good rock band. They are Indie and theres nothing worse than Indie IMO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't call Oasis rock, but alternative pop. I don't think they're trying to be a rock band either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You really have no idea. :rolleyes:

Praise the lord Bon Jovi are back?

The last thing we need is the Britney Spearses of rock to resurface... There's zero difference between "It's My Life" and "Livin' on a Prayer" compared to "Baby One More Time" and "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet A Woman." In fact, Britney's lyrics may actually be less cheesball.

Green Day and Oasis have produced more interesting music than AC/DC (same shit for two decades now... impressive) could ever hope to.

Just my opinion, but still - I have to respectfully disagree. The cluelessness in this thread is almost embarrassing.

Oasis, indie? Bad because their popular?

You do realize that 13-17yr old girls are wearing AC/DC and Motley Crue shirts like crazy these days, right?

Edited by EccoTides

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, I cant stand Oasis. I like some Indie though and I have both the Kaiser Chiefs and Keane's album :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, I cant stand Oasis. I like some Indie though and I have both the Kaiser Chiefs and Keane's album :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i noticed you replied here i thought you wouldve bitched about nin

:P

You do realize that 13-17yr old girls are wearing AC/DC and Motley Crue shirts like crazy these days, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh whats with that? Half of them probably dont even like em, just cuz either A. their boyfriends or crushes like em and they are trying to impress them or keep em liking/loving em. or B they think it makes em look cool. Which in my opinion wouldnt anyway as them mentioned bands are meh :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i noticed you replied here i thought you wouldve bitched about nin

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont want to melt my keyboard writing so much so fast about my streams of thoughts of how much I hate the fuckerrrrs :D