Terrible Music

Mama Kin

Praise the lord Bon Jovi are back?

The last thing we need is the Britney Spearses of rock to resurface... There's zero difference between "It's My Life" and "Livin' on a Prayer" compared to "Baby One More Time" and "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet A Woman." In fact, Britney's lyrics may actually be less cheesball.

Green Day and Oasis have produced more interesting music than AC/DC (same shit for two decades now... impressive) could ever hope to.

Just my opinion, but still - I have to respectfully disagree. The cluelessness in this thread is almost embarrassing.

Oasis, indie? Bad because their popular?

You do realize that 13-17yr old girls are wearing AC/DC and Motley Crue shirts like crazy these days, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greenday has produced more interesting music than AC/DC could ever hope to?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if i offend people unintentionally but the majority of people on this forum are between the age of 12 and 17 and some of these people think Green Day are the greatest band in the world. Green Day are not good imo they appeal to very young teens who think their making a point by saying yep i listen to Green Day and dont give a shit what you think about me because nobody understands me. Not all young people are like this but a lot are. The likes of Guns N' Roses, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy and The Ramones are not popular with most young teens but Oasis, Green Day, Blink 182 and the bands i mentioned at the start of this thread are and why is this? Is it because these bands are better than the greats? no its because these young people dont have taste and dont know what great rock/punk is. Kevdo242 put it brilliantly in one sentence. He said i know someone who loves Green Day but hates The Sex Pistols, yep this person Kevdo242 knows seems to know what great music is

Sorry if i offend people unintentionally but the majority of people on this forum are between the age of 12 and 17 and some of these people think Green Day are the greatest band in the world. Green Day are not good imo they appeal to very young teens who think their making a point by saying yep i listen to Green Day and dont give a shit what you think about me because nobody understands me. Not all young people are like this but a lot are. The likes of Guns N' Roses, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy and The Ramones are not popular with most young teens but Oasis, Green Day, Blink 182 and the bands i mentioned at the start of this thread are and why is this? Is it because these bands are better than the greats? no its because these young people dont have taste and dont know what great rock/punk is. Kevdo242 put it brilliantly in one sentence. He said i know someone who loves Green Day but hates The Sex Pistols, yep this person Kevdo242 knows seems to know what great music is

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then again my friend likes MCR, FFAF and sings along to McFly and Busted.

The likes of Guns N' Roses, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy and The Ramones are not popular with most young teens

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serious? A lot of those bands are still very popular with teens. I've seen many many people with those bands on their shirts, and believe it or not, some kids do wear those shirts because they like the bands. AC/DC, Zeppelin, and The Ramones especially are still very popular with teens.

Yes, pop music is ALWAYS what's going to be popular with the young generation. Because it's POP MUSIC aka POPULAR MUSIC. You just have to deal with that, they're allowed to like Greenday and any new band, just because you like older rock bands doesn't make your taste any better than theirs, now does it?

There's always good music (to your taste) being made, you just gotta look for it. It might not be the same as what you've been listening to, but you can still give some of it a chance. ;)

Man i understand what you mean, i can't stand these bands like my chemichal romance, fall-out boy and hawthorne heights, i think music would be better off without those 3 bands. Music has gone to shit lately, but still, theres some good stuff out there(Green Day really isn't that bad but they're over-played so fucking much.)

But like HighVoltage said, i just try to ignore it.

i don't dee why everybody seems to rave about Green Day.  Ever since American Idiot was released, everybody loves them.  They totally crossed into the mainstream big time......bummer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean, American Idiot wasn't even that great of an album really, i mean yeah it was good but it dosen't deserve all those fucking awards, that album was extremely over-rated and most of their older stuff is skads better.

Edited by Dirty Little Thing

they've been in the mainstream eye since dookie, eleven frigging years ago. deal with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly and mainstream commercial music isnt very good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea i agree, im so glad guns n roses are such an underground cult band, and motley crue.

they've been in the mainstream eye since dookie, eleven frigging years ago. deal with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea i agree, im so glad guns n roses are such an underground cult band, and motley crue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok so what are you after pal, an 80's hairspray revival?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im after good rock music with great lyrics which Green Day unfortunately dont have. I dont want this to turn into a Green Day bashing thread because the bands ive mentioned are just as poor imo

Edited by Mama Kin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im refering to music now