Terrible Music

Mama Kin

they've been in the mainstream eye since dookie, eleven frigging years ago. deal with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cliff Richard has been in the mainstream eye since 1955. I still wouldn't buy one of his records...

Although, I do love "Summer Holiday"...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well he shits on Motley Crue anyday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:confused2:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they've been in the mainstream eye since dookie, eleven frigging years ago. deal with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cliff Richard has been in the mainstream eye since 1955. I still wouldn't buy one of his records...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well he shits on Motley Crue anyday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:confused2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Listen, did you ever see Motley Crue make an apperance on 'The Young Ones'? well?...

"The 80's was one big party, everyone had a good time, then the 90's hit and everyone started singing about how fucked up life is, we don't need anybody to tell us how fucked up our lives are, we already know" - Vince Neil

^ Thats not word by word, but it was on when metal ruled the world on vh1 and i totally agree, i don't like hearing about people complaining all the fucking time like most of this new music.

"The 80's was one big party, everyone had a good time, then the 90's hit and everyone started singing about how fucked up life is, we don't need anybody to tell us how fucked up our lives are, we already know" - Vince Neil

^ Thats not word by word, but it was on when metal ruled the world on vh1 and i totally agree, i don't like hearing about people complaining all the fucking time like most of this new music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What you talking about, the 80's WAS the decade of Metal!

I mean geez, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer they were easily the best bands of the decade. The little pop crap like Motely Crue was so pathetic in comparision.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, the recession, Thatcher, mass unemployment, Reagan, AIDS etc was one big party, boy!

I definetely feel that these bands matched the political climate of the time by saying excactly how they FEEL, ie its not their problem cause they're wealthy, so they don't give two shits.

Its fine to forget troubled times, im not so dense that i don't understand that. But how in the hell you can sing about unskinny bop's and dr fuckin feelgood's when you've got all that going on around you, i'll never know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What you talking about, the 80's WAS the decade of Metal!

I mean geez, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer they were easily the best bands of the decade. The little pop crap like Motely Crue was so pathetic in comparision.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh! now that is metal! rock1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that wasnt the point love, whoever was complaining about green day was complaining they'd 'suddenly' gone mainstream, when they've been big for years.

xx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that wasnt the point love, whoever was complaining about green day was complaining they'd 'suddenly' gone mainstream, when they've been big for years.

xx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're wasting your time, he likes R Kelly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly and mainstream commercial music isnt very good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh?

Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue, and AC/DC will forever exist squarely in the same mainstream, popular consciousness as Green Day does.

motley crue>greenday.

seems right.

i would think people who can play decent rock n roll are better than people who cant play insturments to save their lives and do nothing but whine in every song.

yeah that looks pretty well to me.

i mean motley crue ill admit arent really that good.

but they are still much better than greenday

O for gods sake, most of you are old/experienced enough to realise you cant change musical tastes with deductive reasoning, its a matter of taste

Nunchuck, accept that most people here dont like greenday.

Mama Kin, you cant win an argument about greenday against nunchuck, he's had so much goddam practice!

motley crue>greenday.

seems right.

i would think people who can play decent rock n roll are better than people who cant play insturments to save their lives and do nothing but whine in every song.

yeah that looks pretty well to me.

i mean motley crue ill admit arent really that good.

but they are still much better than greenday

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

super silly indeed! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

xx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're wasting your time, he likes R Kelly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reading this in the knowledge that you're a Green Day fan makes me chuckle...

:laugh:

I hate craps like Metallica,Def Leppard and Motley Crue.They suck so hard,specially the "sold out" band Metallica..they made great albums till the Black Album, but after this,they are complete shite..worst band of the world.

About the "new" bands..I hate all the emo shits like Good Charlotte..Oh my God,How I hate them,those fuckin' fags!

Edited by bucketheadisgod

I hate craps like Metallica,Def Leppard and Motley Crue.They suck so hard,specially the "sold out" band Metallica..they made great albums till the Black Album, but after this,they are complete shite..worst band of the world.

About the "new" bands..I hate all the emo shits like Good Charlotte..Oh my God,How I hate them,those fuckin' fags!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG someone who hates metallica, but likes rock?I never knew such a breed existed! Well I'm not too keen on em either, I dont hate em, but I aint fond of em either. And yeh Motley Crue suck.

Yeah I'm not fan of Metallica, Motley Crue or Greenday either, but back to the other terrible music around...I think that the current music scene is simply over-saturated with mediocre indie-pop, and unfortunately there is a lack of quality new music that appeals to fans of classic rock etc.

But I agree with Sabre, that the Tokyo Dragons are a great up-and-coming band, and the Datsuns are cool. B) Hopefully soon there will be a change in the music scene. I wish there was a wider range of musical subcultures because at the moment it feels like music and fashion are quite bland in comparison to past trends...

Too much boring music! :angry:

Yeah I'm not fan of Metallica, Motley Crue or Greenday either, but back to the other terrible music around...I think that the current music scene is simply over-saturated with mediocre indie-pop, and unfortunately there is a lack of quality new music that appeals to fans of classic rock etc.

But I agree with Sabre, that the Tokyo Dragons are a great up-and-coming band, and the Datsuns are cool.  B) Hopefully soon there will be a change in the music scene. I wish there was a wider range of musical subcultures because at the moment it feels like music and fashion are quite bland in comparison to past trends...

Too much boring music!  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellently put Roses. You admit your not a fan of great bands with the exception of Green Day imo but you dont slate them and you stick to the topic on discussion and i agree with you on the last part of your post about too much boring music ;) *applauds Roses*

Edited by Mama Kin

teehee :D why thankyou Mama Kin! ;) This has been a very interesting thread...but I genuinely believe that compared to past decades, so far this one has the least memorable fashions and musical genres. Or do you think thats just because we are in it at the moment? Any opinions anyone?? :)

teehee  :D why thankyou Mama Kin!  ;) This has been a very interesting thread...but I genuinely believe that compared to past decades, so far this one has the least memorable fashions and musical genres. Or do you think thats just because we are in it at the moment? Any opinions anyone??  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its definately been the least memorable decade including fashion and music. It has all turned very bland and very boring. We need someone who can kick in with a great guitar solo, someone who can sing to great lengths and not sound like they are whining *cough Oasis cough* and someone who can set the stage alight with a great fashion presence and we have nobody who can do all these things at the moment

So basically most people here on this forum enjoy classic rock and blues based music?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well basically i do yeah. I'm very open minded but being very open minded makes me realise that Rock is missing something these days and it is somehing noticable. Great Sig by the way Death Star ;)