Cream Reunion

stevGNR666

Just picked it up - Live at the Royal Albert Hall from the shows back in early May of this year...

All I can say is - some amazing shows...absolutely astounding...

Now, I have full discographies of cream and stuff including the two live albums they put out and I must agree with Giger Baker from the interview on this DVD, they are sounding better then they ever have.

Jack Bruce's voice is suprisingly AMAZING, much better than Eric's - certainly not as strong as in the old days, but he still can hit those notes...and his bassing is not comparable to anyone...i just can't get over his moving basslines...just awesome

Clapton - his playing is awe inspiring during the jam sections, stormy monday solo was worth the whole thing, just awesome

and Ginger Baker is an amazing drummer - jazz - all jazz man...also helarious to listen to in the interview :lol:

anyways...i suggest you pick it up...you won't regret it :)

Edited by stevGNR666

I have it. Ginger's accent and voice is messed up.  :D  Anywho, yep, it's great but still lacks old Cream's power.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was wondering if i should get "Goodbye" the last concert they did...

eh? have it anyone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goodbye isn't a faewell album. It's pretty much just leftover songs that weren't released till after the breakup. There are actually only 3 live tracks and the rest are studio stuff. The songs are kinda trippy and the album doesn't reflect early Cream's feel.

Just picked it up - Live at the Royal Albert Hall from the shows back in early May of this year...

All I can say is - some amazing shows...absolutely astounding...

Now, I have full discographies of cream and stuff including the two live albums they put out and I must agree with Giger Baker from the interview on this DVD, they are sounding better then they ever have.

Jack Bruce's voice is suprisingly AMAZING, much better than Eric's - certainly not as strong as in the old days, but he still can hit those notes...and his bassing is not comparable to anyone...i just can't get over his moving basslines...just awesome

Clapton - his playing is awe inspiring during the jam sections, stormy monday solo was worth the whole thing, just awesome

and Ginger Baker is an amazing drummer - jazz - all jazz man...also helarious to listen to in the interview  :lol:

anyways...i suggest you pick it up...you won't regret it  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome! thanks heaps mate, i saw this DVD in the shop and i wasn't sure about geeting it, but after seeing you praising it i'll have to get it then! :D

I have it. Ginger's accent and voice is messed up.  :D  Anywho, yep, it's great but still lacks old Cream's power.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eh? have it anyone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goodbye isn't a faewell album. It's pretty much just leftover songs that weren't released till after the breakup. There are actually only 3 live tracks and the rest are studio stuff. The songs are kinda trippy and the album doesn't reflect early Cream's feel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nooooo...the dvd they have out of the last concert - it's also named goodbye

your welcome johnezz...hope you enjoy as much as i did

and as for you genesis...hehe...always making fun of the dinosaurs :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eh? have it anyone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nooooo...the dvd they have out of the last concert - it's also named goodbye

your welcome johnezz...hope you enjoy as much as i did

and as for you genesis...hehe...always making fun of the dinosaurs :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh shit. my bad. well, to be honest, the farewell concert is very poorly shot. It's mostly close-ups of their faces. Even during a solo they don't focus on the person playing. But the songs are pretty good and there's interviews on there. Eric talks about his guitar tone, Jack talks about his classical music training, and Ginger talks about his drum setup and stuff. It's pretty good.

I know im gunna get done in but.....Who are Cream?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know im gunna get done in but.....Who are Cream?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eh...i'm gonna let swabr handle this one :unsure:

...you can breathe easy...for the moment ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o

Who is Cream?

They are only the best rock supergroup of ALL time! Cream is a rock trio consisting of Jack Bruce (Vocals/Bass), Ginger Baker (Drums), and the one and only Eric Clapton (Guitar). They were a fresh hard rock band with many blues/jazzy influences. Definitely a band you should listen to, Robbie. I can't think of any other word, besides amazing, to describe their music and style.

Recommendations: All Cream albums :P

Disraeli Gears is their best - imo.

"Radio Friendly" Songs: Sunshine of Your Love, Badge, and White Room.

What I mean by that is songs you would occasionaly hear on your classic rock radio station.

Feel free to add to this..

Peace and much love.