Favorite guitarist

Dachan

Who's your favourite guitarist?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't have a favourite, but I have a some.

Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Steve Vai, Neil Young, Duane Allman.

I like Clapton primarily for his acoustic blues work, but I like a lot of his badass electric work too.

David Gilmour is my pick for most the emotional guitar player when writing and playing his work.

Steve Vai is badass, although I admit he loses something when Live then when in Studio. I still like him a lot.

Neil Young, he may not be fast or too emotional, but I just really like his style. Like A Hurricane is one of my favourite guitar peices of all time.

Duane Allman, he mastered and is the greatest slide guitarist ever. Betts should get some credit for this too since just about every peice in the Allman Brothers Band they played duel-guitar on, but Allman was the man and it was a shame he died so early.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some of you think Curt Cobian is one of the best guitarrists FFS.

Have you ever seen him play fast.

:huh:

Some people really think like this...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You used to love kurt as well :huh:

I think kurts pretty damn good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ARC made that comment becuase of the post Clevvan made. He can't believe some people are so close-minded or something.

I wrote this on a hurry, if it didn't make sense.

I can't believe some of you think Curt Cobian is one of the best guitarrists FFS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean I "used to love Kurt". :huh:

I still do.

I was making the point that this guy, quoted above, thinks Cobain was bad bescause he didn't play fast solo's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still do.

I was making the point that this guy, quoted above, thinks Cobain was bad bescause he didn't play fast solo's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is allowed to think whateva he wants to think.

I repeat, all Nirvana solos goes in the same melody as the song.

But that doesn't make Cobain a gr8 gu1tar1st, and do not understand why he's on top lists of best guitarists of all time, before Slash on some?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that doesn't make Cobain a gr8 gu1tar1st, and do not understand why he's on top lists of best guitarists of all time, before Slash on some?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

stop typing like that :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh,I was once confused,Now im not

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

stop typing like that :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why, how and when?

I maybe dislike Curt kobains solos and find Nirvanas music simple?

Stevie rocked hard indeed.

I can't believe so people are so close-minded. A band can be simple, but still be good (The Beatles). A guitarist doesn't have to be fast to be good (Gilmour).

You know, there are things other than shredding and heavy metal out there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good post, i agree with everything you just said.

I can't believe so people are so close-minded. A band can be simple, but still be good (The Beatles). A guitarist doesn't have to be fast to be good (Gilmour).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definately!

I don't care how many notes per minute these guys can shred, I just want to feel some sort of emotion when they play.

B.B. King is another great example.

This guy can just hit the most amazing solo's with just a few notes. I've seen him do it live, and he just nails everything.

Clapton is a great guitarist for the same reason basicaly.

Gary Moore is yet another guy good at this.

It's not about being the fastest or the most technical. It's this incredibly unique feel a guitarist needs to throw in to be great.

The beatles get a lot of credit as a band and as songwriters. And rightly so. But I believe they are all underrated when it comes to the playing of their instruments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah,I agree wholeheartedly :heart:

Theres more to guitar than shredding although shredding is awesomely cool

Blues giutar=Best style your ever gonna find

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definately!

I don't care how many notes per minute these guys can shred, I just want to feel some sort of emotion when they play.

B.B. King is another great example.

This guy can just hit the most amazing solo's with just a few notes. I've seen him do it live, and he just nails everything.

Clapton is a great guitarist for the same reason basicaly.

Gary Moore is yet another guy good at this.

It's not about being the fastest or the most technical. It's this incredibly unique feel a guitarist needs to throw in to be great.

The beatles get a lot of credit as a band and as songwriters. And rightly so. But I believe they are all underrated when it comes to the playing of their instruments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i agree with you, BUT i have heard some emotional sounding shredding (Randy Rhoades was the best at that i reakon)

Username, i highly reakonmend you get some Live DVD's of SRV. He plays a different style of blues to BB King, Stevie plays Texas Blues, it's sort of a shuffle sound, hard to explain but it's soo awesome. Plus Stevie has the best guitar tone to ever grace this earth. His studio stuff is great, but watching him Live, FUCK!!!! He is the greatest, words cannot discribe it. I have the Live at Montreaux 82 and 85 DVD i love it. Highly reakonmended to any Blues fan or any Guitarists no matter their style.

I say only one thing:

Ritchie Blackmore.

Ritchie.

Blackmore.

Listen to Highway Star and you will know why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fuck yeah man, Ritchie is THE man!

Best guitarist of the 70's hands down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't like that he quit both rainbow and deep purple for blackmore's night, it makes me sad.

Highwaystar is the shit