Come on Moderators

There are about 5 or 6 threads in Anything Goes that need to be deleted, and a member who is just asking for a banning. They've been there for about 4 hours now and no mod has done anything about them. I've reported them, and i suspect others have too but still nothing.

My question, which i raised in one of the threads is why isn't Rick made a global moderator? He's online a lot of the time, and so he can deal with the breaking of forum rules quickly. Or at least get some moderators in who are actually going to be online <_<

Edit: Admin just came online, did something in Discussion and News and then left. Wow great. Thanks.

Since you seem to be unable to locate anything goes and the topics in question. Here they are.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55488

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55486

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55463

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55489

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55481

Edited by Guest

Hey,

Have all the threads been reported? I don't have mod powers in AG so i'm unable to do anything.

If you see a thread that breaks forum rules - report it and a mod/admin will deal with it when they recieve the report.

Keep on rockin'

Rick.

Hey,

Have all the threads been reported? I don't have mod powers in AG so i'm unable to do anything.

If you see a thread that breaks forum rules - report it and a mod/admin will deal with it when they recieve the report.

Keep on rockin'

Rick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i have reported them, but if it makes you happy i'll report them again.

I see Admin came online for a second time and again did nothing.

You didn't answer the second part of my question either. Why aren't you a global moderator? You're online the most, you know the rules but yet you're moderation is being wasted in Don't Damn Me and Memorabilia Trading.

You look at the moderating team and half of them rarely post anymore:

Admin and Madison- come on for a brief short period everyday.

UK_SUBS said that he cant come on here as often anymore, and only comes on average once a week.

Duffan, SHAZ65 and Stupid Moron havent been online for 1-2 weeks, and its a usually more seldom than that.

Only you and jack99 really come online often, and so are the only two that are able to be effective moderators. Except you dont have the power over every forum so when jack99 isn't online, we have no-one to moderate every section.

I think its time that the moderating team is changed a bit.

Edited by Guest

Hey,

Keep on rockin'

Rick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You didn't answer the second part of my question either. Why aren't you a global moderator? You're online the most, you know the rules but yet you're moderation is being wasted in Don't Damn Me and Memorabilia Trading.

UK_SUBS said that he cant come on here as often anymore, and only comes on average once a week.

Duffan, SHAZ65 and Stupid Moron havent been online for 1-2 weeks, and its a usually more seldom than that.

Only you and jack99 really come online often, and so are the only two that are able to be effective moderators. Except you dont have the power over forum so when jack99 isn't online, we have no-one to moderate every section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that brother

Guest gnr>everything

Yeah, I also think Rick should be a moderator of Downloads, because highvoltage has done a good job, but RIck is actually active in that section a lot...

The AG section is the one that needs moderating the most.. when the admins come on that should be the first section they look at really.

But yeah I agree it'd be better if Rick was a global moderator or had powers to delete/move threads in the anything goes section. It always gets spammed once in a while.

Hey,

Keep on rockin'

Rick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only you and jack99 really come online often, and so are the only two that are able to be effective moderators. Except you dont have the power over every forum so when jack99 isn't online, we have no-one to moderate every section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Rick Rocks! Alliteration? :blink:

The longer these threads remain active, the stronger my argument. 5 hours now. One was even made last night and hasn't been deleted.

I cant believe lawrence even complained about over-moderation in this forum :rolleyes:

why was this such a big deal? was anyone actually offended by this shit piler. These things are interesting while theyre there, no need for anyone to wet their pants about it, they all get deleted/banned eventually

Rick for global moderator

B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

Great Campaign there x_Patience_x!

Right on!

absolutely agree, Rick has the power to keep everything under contlrol :krider:

:rolleyes:

My angel for a Global Mod.. :) ! rock4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rick is like the fonz :krider:

and sabre did you get my pm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh, is ok, just dont get mad at some idiot sitting naked in front of his computer in idaho or whatever.

and what was the thing about being gay, i never said that.

Rick for global moderator

B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

Great Campaign there x_Patience_x!

Right on!

absolutely agree, Rick has the power to keep everything under contlrol :krider:

:rolleyes:

My angel for a Global Mod.. :) ! rock4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rick is like the fonz :krider:

and sabre did you get my pm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh, is ok, just dont get mad at some idiot sitting naked in front of his computer in idaho or whatever.

and what was the thing about being gay, i never said that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

because most of the threads were about gays and things and so i didnt want you to start thinking thats why i objected to them.

First of all, there were a couple of questionable threads in the AG section on a Sunday morning - before many of us came online. We did delete them when we came online. It's not as if they stayed there for a few days. So, I'm not sure why a couple of you "Rick Crusaders" are making a big deal of it.

However, I will make one point clear. We choose mods and global mods extremely carefully. We do not respond to members requesting someone be a mod or be promoted to a mod. In fact, this often has the opposite effect on us, and often works against the person you're lobbying for. So, if any of you feel the compulsion to start polls, add signature signs or other ridiculous efforts to have someone named a mod or an existing mod promoted -- your efforts will have the opposite effect. Just thought you should know.

We make our decisions to name mods or promote mods after watching their behavior and the way they react to posts, threads and people over a long period of time. We never base a decision based on a member's popularity on the forum.

Have a good day.