The Fab Four Vs The Floyd Four

johnezz

Who do you prefer?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two of the biggest bands ever, with sales beyond belief.

Which band to you like better?

For me, it's Pink Floyd, i think they are the greatest band of all time, with Roger Waters being a songwriting genious and Dave being one of the best guitarists ever. Rick Wright is a totally underrated musicans and his work on the keys is superb. Nick also got the job done well. Darkside, Animals and The Wall are 3 of the greatest albums of all time, and rate in my top 5 albums ever.

Pink Floyd is much better, but.... The Beatles where the godfathers of rock music, and they had big influences on other bands. Pink Floyd is much better, I mean compare David with George, George needed Clapton to come up with a solo for his track on the white album, Gilmour doesn't. Waters and Lennon are both capable to write very intelligent lyrics. On the other hand The Beatles had a better drummer. But I think it is a very odd comparison, they both come from a different period in time.

-edit- This is my opinion :D

Edited by Postal Dude

But I think it is a very odd comparison, they both come from a different period in time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really, Pink Floyd started in 65.

But The Bealtes had died out before Floyd has reached their peak.

Like i said, they are both British and are "Soft Rock" in a sense, and both are abosolutly huge.

I mean, EVERYONE knows The Bealtes and Pink Floyd, they are household names.

My two favourite bands of all times.

The Beatles win though. I grew up with them and their sound. They're my favourite band of all time :).

Pink Floyd really need more feel-good tunes, if they've got any, though..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most of their earlier stuff i find to be quite "feel good" until Roger became a cinical bastard :lol:

I swear that man borders on the fine line between Genious and Madman.

Beatles and Floyd, man imagine how good would a concert with both of them would of been.

Oh heres somthing in common, they both had 3 Main singers.

beatles, although they should be called the fab-three

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ringo wasn't that Fab I admit, but he was definitely a better choice than Pete Best

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, Ringo WAS fab. He gave the Beatles a different sound from any other band. His 'backward' fills, because he was a left-handed playing a right-handed drum set, gave the Beatles a very peculiar drum sound. Ringo is a genius. They all 4 were. They all blended in perfectly to the band. Ringo, with his odd drumming, Lennon actually playing the base for guitars with George adding licks, improvising, and adding new effects (Rickenbacker, 12-string guitar), Paul doing some crazy bass (see him live dammit) and all of the guys singing... Dude, that sums up the Beatles for me. Best band ever.

beatles, although they should be called the fab-three

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ringo wasn't that Fab I admit, but he was definitely a better choice than Pete Best

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, Ringo WAS fab. He gave the Beatles a different sound from any other band. His 'backward' fills, because he was a left-handed playing a right-handed drum set, gave the Beatles a very peculiar drum sound. Ringo is a genius. They all 4 were. They all blended in perfectly to the band. Ringo, with his odd drumming, Lennon actually playing the base for guitars with George adding licks, improvising, and adding new effects (Rickenbacker, 12-string guitar), Paul doing some crazy bass (see him live dammit) and all of the guys singing... Dude, that sums up the Beatles for me. Best band ever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know they were the Fab Four and Ringo was a part of that, but he wasn't as Fab as the others. He had a great style, and wrote a couple of real good tunes, but he is generally regarded as quite lucky to be in the Beatles. It was just only as they were going to record Please Please me that he got the job.

My two favourite bands of all times.

Most of their earlier stuff i find to be quite "feel good" until Roger became a cinical bastard :lol:

I swear that man borders on the fine line between Genious and Madman.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

roger was always a cynical bastard

he just didn't start writing full time til dark side

i mean even his early stuff was cynical...that doctor song on pipers and crnl. clegg on meddle certainly was cynical enough but it was really syd that brightened things up...in an lsd'ick fashion of course but at least it was superfically bright instead of completely dark like roger :(