GNR Rumor - To play boston in july?

RUSTY2114

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I feel your pain...but wasn't it like this with the computers before...they came out in 1985, that's what I heard...but I heard that it was MUCH safer in the 80s...

Yeah, I feel your pain...but wasn't it like this with the computers before...they came out in 1985, that's what I heard...but I heard that it was MUCH safer in the 80s...

well i dont think the world, in the sense that it is today, really started getting the internet until the late nineties... or 96 at the very earliest - i got the internet in 97 and like nobody else i knew had it... until about 95 i dont think a lot of people knew what it was - round here anyway, and according to something i read the internet has only REALLY taken off since late 1999 -

what were you saying about the 80s? lol ;)

:DI don't know when internet really got big, but my dad had it years ago, when you had to pay per email!  My son was little like 4 or 5 and he's now almost 15, so it's been out there awhile, but not as big as it is now!

It was much safer (if you were a kid, even an adult), to go outside, not have to worry about anyone following you...

hmm i guess, but like i read that the percentage of stalking, kidnapping and whatever you wanna include has remained the same for over 50 years.. its just now there's more means of kinda spreading news about each case, or protecting the world from these horible things.. like its only now that they're letting us know, they were too scared before.

but on a personal level the 80s were more carefree in many ways, nobody cared, it was about having a good time... :)

Yeah, if you think about it though, there was the vietnam war, then the "freedom" movement, things were weird and sad back then...

yeah but the 60s must have been a great time to be alive! ;D i'd love to have been a 60's kid.. with all the freedom, peace, love, woodstock, great drugs and happy hippying :)

:DThe 60's would have been such a cool decade to live in!!! I remember most of the 70's!!!

the 80s were my era...i reckon it was the best time ever! i wouldnt have changed the time i grew up for anything, and i'm so thankfull that i lived where i did, and that i did everything i did.. its a damn shame the care free era ever had to end... :)