Overrated?

Yamisonic

Could you please care to state WHY you think they are overrated?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Imagine youd never heard any of the Beatles music, and you came to this site and saw the way some people spoke about them. Youd think they were fuckin awesome, and the best band ever.

But that isnt the case. I mean theyre okay, but not as good as alot of people make out they are.

Yeah they were influential, but its not as if influential neccesarily means great.

A group or artist alot of people say are great but they really arent, for example

the beatles, velvet revolver or the darkness

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What that girl said :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not a girl :cry: why would you say something like that? :no:

its mean :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you sure looks like one <_<

A group or artist alot of people say are great but they really arent, for example

the beatles, velvet revolver or the darkness

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What that girl said :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not a girl :cry: why would you say something like that? :no:

its mean :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you sure looks like one <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cry:

If people say so, they mean it. And if the Beatles are what they are, then it's for a reason. There's a difference between "I don't like them" and "They're overrated".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you asked what I meant with overrated.. thats what I mean with overrated <_<

Dragonforce are overrated. I say this because everybody says they are the greatest new band out but when I listened to them, I found them very unoriginal.

And why do I think this? Give people fast drumming, fast shredding and high singing and they'll flock to see them everytime. Speed must be used in moderation. Without feeling, solos suck. It kinda defeats the purpose for a guitar solo.

Anyway, 'Overrated' is used to describe something that everybody seems to love but there isn't anything new or impressive in it. Keane are overrated because they are too simple and offer nothing new to the music industry (but thats debatable). Coldplay are overrated for the same reasons.

However, The Beatles are not overrated. What they offered was new and fresh and revolutionary. If you don't understand that, then I guess you would think differently if you heard pop music that was around before The Beatles.

At least thats what I think.

to answer the topic.... an overrated band is one that the general public views as great and that has a huge fanbase... example, zeppelin, beatles, stones, pink floyd, gnr..etc.... that isnt as good as people make them out to be.... so it's a matter of personal opinion on the band... like if everyone around u liked brittnany spears(god i hope they dont) and u hate her..then to u she's overrated....

basically to sum up..overrated=nirvana :lol:

now a few other poitns..

so what if they think the beatles may be overrated?? i dont care... let them..i like the beatles and think they had a lotta good songs and they were very influental and everything...i dont care what others think

second... i have to reply to the post about dragonforce....most new bands are overrated and without feeling... esp slipknot cuz u can't hear the singer and all they do is play stuff as loud as they cann

last but not least...ur outta ur mind if u think the beatles are overrated...true they werent the most musically complex band or anything... but they had a lotta good songs and they are easy to listen to on any given day and u can have a good time... they influenced a lotta people.... as the guys matured they wrote more serious stuff..that's why the beatles' later stuff is mroe complex than the early stuff

for example, let it be vs. i wanna hold ur hand.... second..everyone likes the beatles which is basically why it's easy for someone who doesnt to say they are overrated....

thanks for ur time.

VP

Ps. to the people who said the beatles are overrated... what have u heard by the beatles?? and what kinda other music do u listen to??

Every time we have an overrated thread, people just try to find highly rated artists and say theyre overrated, just because they're so highly rated.

People were saying hendrix was overrated, and page. Bullshit.

The influence and popularity of these artists is something that cannot be measured, there will never be another beatles, it is practically impossible for them to be overrated.