Hurt

axl04

Whose rendition do like better?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure of the exact timeframe, but just a few months afterwards.  The video is extremely sad.  The only music video that has ever made me cry.  During the line, "Everyone I know goes away in the end", the camera shows Cash looking up at a picture of his recently deceased wife, June.  The line, "You can have it all; my empire of dirt" show his records shattered in pieces and his guitar rusting away.  It's the greatest video ever, and nobody on this earth can convince me otherwise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bit when he looks up at his wife standing on the stairs always makes me cry, because they both have such a look of sorrow on their faces.

Thanks for the info Santana.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that is quite possibly the saddest thing ever captured on film. The first time I saw that video, it broke my heart. That song was such a perfect song to sum up Johnny's entire life and career. I knew that it was probably going to be the last big thing that he was going to leave us with.

I think both are extremly good, in there on way.

I go with johnnys version, cause the pain in his voice seams so genuine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't he die a few weeks after his version was released? :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure of the exact timeframe, but just a few months afterwards. The video is extremely sad. The only music video that has ever made me cry. During the line, "Everyone I know goes away in the end", the camera shows Cash looking up at a picture of his recently deceased wife, June. The line, "You can have it all; my empire of dirt" show his records shattered in pieces and his guitar rusting away. It's the greatest video ever, and nobody on this earth can convince me otherwise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, June was still alive during that time and even appeared in the video. The woman in the picture was his mother, Reba Cash.

June Carter passed away in May (15th, I believe) of 2003, and Johnny passed on 12 September, 2003.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for correcting me. I knew June was in the video and whatnot, but figured they edited in the picture bit after her death. Thanks for clarifying. The next time anyone buys an album, get American IV. It's an excellent album and includes the video as well.